An Entry Level Sales Representative to develop the Connecticut and New England Aerospace markets for CTS EAST. Will travel extensively through Connecticut and New England to acquire new customers and new business for Thermal Spray, CNC Machining and Grinding. Individual will handles pricing, sales, follow-up, and purchase order acceptance, and, through the sales functions, ultimately creates and preserves a positive customer image of CTS.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Experience with Thermal Spray, HVOF, Plasma, Wire Spray and or CNC Machining,and Grinding a Plus.
- Experience with Linked IN and social media, for research of potential customers.
- Provides customer interface with Engineering and Quality to monitor customer requirements and provide follow-up for new orders.
- Coordinates all sales activities with assigned customer base. Completes new customer profiles and follows up for customer approval.
- Receives incoming calls from present and prospective customers, answering questions and selling CTS capabilities
- Sets pricing, based on costs from Product Engineering, company margin expectation, knowledge of market, historical pricing and information gathered in the course of dealing with each customer, in accordance with quotation procedure.
- Gathers competitive information and customer satisfaction information whenever possible and insures that it is communicated to others in the company. Assists in addressing customer concerns with any resource available to CTS.
- Maintains prospect and project lists for acquisition of new business and help to identify resources needed for business expansion
- Accurately enters useful customer information in CRM Reporting Tool.
- Visits present and prospective customers and develops/maintains strong personal relationships with assigned customer base. Participates with others within CTS in order to ensure that customer satisfaction is in the forefront of our activities.
- Prepares sale forecasts and alert Customer Service Dept. about non-forecasted new business coming to CTS.
- Negotiates with customers on monetary issues and helps with collection of overdue invoices.
- Processes all necessary paperwork in a timely way to enable smooth operation at CTS.
- Travels mostly in the Connecticut and New England Territory.
- Performs other duties as a signed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily.
The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Leadership (including Integrity/Ethics, Attitude)
- Teamwork/Team Leadership (supports other departments and sites)
- Customer Focus (internal and external)
- Productivity (including Dependability, Initiative, Project Management, Creativity/Innovation)
- Results Focused
- Job Knowledge
- Communication (including Interpersonal Skills)
- Work Environment/Safety
- Territory Management
- Linked In and Social Media experience
- Account Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Sales Organization
- Sales Skills
- Sales Goals
- Customer Service
- Computer Skills
- Technical Documents
Education, Experience, Other Skills
- Bachelor’s degree; or three years of experience in sales and/or the thermal spray industry.
- Mathematical Skills
This is a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse conditions.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, handle, feel and control items or equipment, talk, hear, see, and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, which is regularly required to view computer screen. Occasionally may need to lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.