DOE Project Assistant - Seasonal
The Project Assistant will provide clerical, data entry, word processing, and general administrative support as part of a multi-person project/task team located at the U.S. Department of Energy facility located in Germantown, Maryland. The Project Assistant will be responsible for:
- Operates a computer to receive, sort, and monitor grant applications by assigned topics;
- Operates a computer to Distribute grant applications for evaluation;
- The person in this position frequently communicates professionally and tactfully with Technical Managers and reviewers to assure information is received on schedule;
- Processing a high volume of electronic data; and,
- Other administrative processes and duties, as necessary to ensure program success.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent;
- At least one year of related work experience;
- Proven computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- High degree of professionalism, responsiveness, punctuality, and customer service;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work well under stress on numerous projects/tasks for multiple individuals in a schedule-driven work environment;
- Ability to be constantly and consistently available during normal work hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday); and,
- Superior people skills with demonstrated ability to create positive rapport with various stakeholders, generate and solicit high-quality responses
- Ability to communicate, express oneself, discuss, and exchange information in detail in regards to the grant application process
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Ability to travel to offsite locations for mandatory security compliance purposes
- Ability to report in person to the office, as required
- Meet internal and external deadlines and commitments.
- Work is performed in an indoor setting
- Primarily in a controlled temperate environment, may be exposed to heat/cold
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
- Sedentary - / lifting to 15 pounds
- Monday – Friday
- Travel - none
- Wears Professional Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- May be required to move/travel across work location
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 90% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity types of machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, telephone, and computer printer.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds across the office for various needs
- Occasionally ascend/descend stairs, ladders, or ramps.
- The noise level may be loud at times.
CTR Management Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status..
CTR Management Group LLC
1775 Tysons BlvdMcLean, VA
Get fresh DOE Project Assistant - Seasonal jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.