SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - EMBEDDED Level 1-3
DIRECT HIRE POSITION with Excellent Benefits
LOCATION: NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Relocation Assistance is Available
Assist with developing and writing software for components and systems designed for heavy underground equipment. This position will support Autonomy Development in an R&D environment. Create algorithms and code for the control of heavy equipment.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 2 years of experience in an engineering environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. for Level 1 position.. B.S. degree and 4+ years experience for Levels 2-3
- Knowledge of software programming tools, e.g. C++, CoDeSys, etc.
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as RS232, CanOpen, J1939
- Ability to interpret maintenance manuals, software specifications and safety rules
- Experience utilizing algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Experience applying fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situation