Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Newport News, VA
Pay of $16.50 - $20.72 per hour.
Duration: 2 months +
- Inspection, tracking, data entry, problem resolution, property classification and tagging and delivery.
- Assist with packing and shipping process.
- Work with property management and material services including annual inventories.
- Enter arriving shipments into automated accounting system for payment.
- Enter shipments into Property Management Database.
- Tag property per property management instructions.
- Open and verify contents of vendor packing slips and appropriate acquisition document. Inspect for accuracy and conformance of parts.
- Report discrepancies. Deny defective or unauthorized shipments.
- Arrange deliveries.
- Monitor shipments for time sensitive items.
- Other miscellaneous duties.
- Knowledge of property management, shipping, receiving, inventory control and documentation.
- Able to gather data, compile information and understand reports.
- Knowledge of material handling equipment.
- Experience with computerized systems and MS Office.
- Knowledge of basic purchasing rules and regulations.
- High School Graduate plus 4 years of work experience.
- Able to lift 50- 75 pounds at times needed.
- Experience in DOD, DOE, or similar shipping and receiving systems.