SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK
INDUSTRY: MILITARY BASE
LOCATION: CLINTON, MD
PAY RANGE: $18.13 - $22.35 per Hour
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk will perform clerical and physical tasks involved with shipping goods and receiving incoming shipments:
- Verify that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods ready to be shipped against documents
- Insure that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles,
- Prepare and maintain records of goods shipped, i.e. manifests and bills of lading.
- Prepare shipping documentation to verify outbound shipments
- Verify the correctness of incoming shipments by comparing items and quantities unloaded against bills of lading, invoices, manifests, storage receipts, or other records,
- Check for damaged goods
- Keep records of goods received
- Enter received shipments into WMS (Warehouse Management System)
- Assist with maintaining warehouse cleanliness and keep it organized
- Assist in Physical Verification and Systematic Inventory of the customer’s equipment as needed.
- Systematically Pulling Equipment from inventory, preparing it for shipment as needed not to include any duties related to storing, stacking, rearranging or palletizing customer equipment or operating hand or power trucks.
EOE M/F Vet