CELL OPERATORS: PRODUCTION
2 DIRECT-HIRE POSITIONS with Excellent Benefits
LOCATION: NEWPORT NEWS
PAY RATE: $19.55 per Hour
Must be willing to work day and night shifts as required and work every other weekend.
Cell operating and Setup involve daily operation and troubleshooting of complex operations assembly and test equipment in a fast-paced manufacturing plant.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in operation and troubleshooting of automated manufacturing equipment
- Must be computer literate and proficient with keyboard
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to utilize basic shop floor math and basic writing skills to prepare shop floor reports and data input sheets
- Proficient in basic Metric to English unit conversions
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity
- Able to use basic hand tools and simple troubleshooting equipment such as multimeter
- Working knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control) desirable
- Must be able to read and work from blueprints, engineering drawings using geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Able to work from basic electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics to troubleshoot automated assembly and test equipment
- Basic understanding of PLC systems and ladder logic desired, but not required.