Position: Faculty (Math, Science, English, Social Studies, Religious Studies, Wellness/P.E.)
Reports to: Principal
Start Date: July 2019
Christ the King is growing! We are hiring faculty in all departments (Math, Science, Social Studies, English, Religious Studies and Wellness/P.E.).
School Description: Christ the King Jesuit College Prep, a Catholic school on Chicago’s West Side and a member of the Cristo Rey Network, challenges and inspires its young women and men through the integration of academics, work experience, and extracurricular activities to lead lives of integrity, faith, and servant leadership for the greater glory of God.
We serve students in grades 9-12, through an innovative corporate internship program in which students from families of limited financial means earn up to three-quarters of their tuition costs through jobs in professional settings. Christ the King prepares each and every student for college through our rigorous college preparatory curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program. We are proud that each year, every Christ the King graduate is accepted to college. The Class of 2018 marks our seventh consecutive class of 100% acceptance! Not only have all of our graduates been accepted to college, but 94% have enrolled in college after graduation.
Job Summary: Faculty at Christ the King deliver rigorous, College Prep instruction to our students in accordance with the Cristo Rey Network Curriculum, USCCB and College Readiness Standards. Faculty are charged with modeling Grad at Grad principles for our students, and helping to deepen the faith life of students by fostering opportunities for students to connect with Christ, as our foundation and example.
- All faculty teach 5 course sections in their content area, and one Advisory section. Preference is given to applicants with state certification/licensure. If fewer than 5 course sections are available, an alternate duty may be assigned.
- To actively collaborate with colleagues to support and strengthen the instructional program of Christ the King Jesuit College Prep.
- Actively implement the Code of Conduct and disciplinary procedures as outlined in the Student Handbook;
- Tutor before/after school at assigned times.
- To supervise students before and after school, during lunch periods, religious celebrations, school gatherings, student activities, athletic games, etc., as assigned by administration.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and record-keeping skills, including weekly submission of lesson plans and gradebook updates.
- Demonstrate strong classroom management skills in an environment of respect and rapport.
- Know, teach, and follow school-wide routines and procedures (CTK Non-Negotiables).
- Teach and act consistently in accordance with the stated mission, objectives, and policies of the School as articulated in the Employee Handbook and the Faculty Bulletin;
- . Model the “Graduate at Graduation” statement as consistent with Jesuit, Catholic education, and strive to support students in valuing and attaining those qualities;
- Participate in faculty meetings, curriculum development, substitute duties, admissions interviews, intervention planning and implementation, and professional development including, but not limited to, Cristo Rey Network Summer Institutes (dates determined annually each spring), as planned;
- Participate in Faith Formation including, but not limited to, Faculty-Staff Retreats, Ignatian Themes Workshops, and Mission Meetings;
- Respect and help form the spiritual values of students and support the Jesuit, Catholic identity of the School by exemplifying—in the Teacher’s own actions—the characteristics of Christian living, including being a leader of prayer and supporting the liturgical and spiritual life of the School.
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a content-related field
- At least 2 years’ experience teaching in a high school setting, Illinois PEL or equivalent and AP (Advanced Placement) experience a plus.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume or CV, salary history, and 3-5 professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.