Under the direct supervision of the Director of Housing, this position is responsible for all building repairs and grounds keeping duties of the rental properties managed by the Tribe’s Housing Department. Primary responsibilities and Job Functions are as listed below and any other duties as directed by management.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for routine minor repairs on all Tribal Housing rental units.
- Evaluate repairs needed and obtain estimates/bids and schedule contractors for major repair work.
- Periodic inspection of roof, gutters and downspouts, including cleaning the same.
- Ensure professional and timely completion of all tasks as assigned or requested by the Housing staff through a work order system.
- Perform home inspections throughout the State of Oregon.
- Schedule and complete all maintenance and repair work and inspections with the Tribal Housing residents.
- Track all repair work requested and completed.
- Maintain Housing property grounds which will include mowing, weed eating, brush cutting, weed pulling, applying fertilizer and insecticides and disposal of all lawn clippings.
- Prune all common area trees, shrubs and plants and properly dispose of all clippings.
- Maintain "curb appeal" type issues, such as picking up trash and weeding in common areas.
- Operate and maintain the Qaxas Heights irrigation/sprinkler system.
- Maintain current data in Microsoft Excel program.
- Must be able to travel to meeting and/or trainings as needed.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in CTCLUSI policies.
- Must be able to interact with Tribal members and the general public in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Other duties as directed by management.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 40.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Moderate noise level with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Employee will be exposed to dust, pollen and chemicals.
- Job duties will require employee to work at heights above ground level.
- Less than 30 hours per week.
- Generally Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with possible occasional evening and weekend work.
Tribal Administrative Office
1245 Fulton Avenue
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420
Deadline: November 5, 2019 at 4pm
§ Must be at least 18 years of age.
§ High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
§ Must have 1 year of housing maintenance experience, including, but not limited to, minor electrical/plumbing/carpentry and grounds keeping.
§ Must have the ability to travel to meetings and/or trainings, both local and out of the area.
§ Valid driver's license required, and the ability to be insured to drive Tribal Government vehicles. This position may include providing transportation for Native and non-Native American clients in tribally owned or employee’s private vehicle(s).
§ Requires ability to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions, the ability to handle heavy duty equipment, safely utilize power equipment, and work at heights above ground level.
§ Must be able to use a company issued cell phone to make and receive phone calls, send and receive text messages and email.
§ Must have a working knowledge of copy/fax machines, filing, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel programs
§ Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and by email.
§ Must possess reasonable ability to communicate in English.
§ This position is subject to pre-employment drug testing.
§ This is a covered position which requires background check that includes fingerprinting.
§ Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
§ Indian preference will be observed in the hiring process.