- Posted: over a month ago
CTC Group is seeking a Technical Writer, Level 2, for a contingent position to be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials (U) Work on all phases of documentation
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products
- Current, active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Six (6) years experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Why CTC Group?
As a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), we recognize that successful partnerships are based on open and direct communication, mutual respect, and the ability to adapt to evolving capabilities. Our cleared employees bring decades of experience supporting customers in the Intelligence and Defense communities. We specialize in providing engineering, technical, operational support, and training services to Federal government, and Mission Operations.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with CTC Group’s vaccination policy. All CTC Group employees must be fully vaccinated, and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement by emailing HR and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over CTC Group’s vaccination policy.
CTC Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, genetic information, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner status, gender (including sex stereotyping), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressAnnapolis Junction, MD
EducationView all jobs at CTC Group