Manager of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO
CT State Community College New Britain, CT
- Expired: May 12, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manager of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Posted: May 12, 2021
Level: Management 2
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Job Posting: CSCC 21-11
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm (EST) on Friday, June 11, 2021
CT State Community College
New Britain, CT 06051
Currently, this position is both on-ground and online as we continue to face the challenges of COVID. In the future, without COVID concerns, the schedule will be on ground in the Hartford/New Britain area until the office is permanently relocated in New Britain CT.
ANTICIPATED STARTING DATE: Summer 2021
CT State Colleges and Universities (CSCU) consists of 12 community college campuses four (4) 4-year universities and Charter Oak State College. The Connecticut State Colleges & Universities (CSCU) provide affordable, innovative and rigorous programs for students to achieve their personal and career goals as well as contribute to the economic growth of Connecticut. The CSCU serves a diverse population of faculty, professional staff, support staff, and student employees represented by several collective bargaining agreements. The Manager of Equal Employment Opportunity provides a full range of administrative services needed to contribute to the effective management of the Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity, Inclusion, Staff Development and Title IX job responsibilities for those institutions within HR Shared Services: The Community Colleges Charter Oak and the System Office.
Under the direction of the Director of Equal Employment Opportunity, the role of the Manager of Equal Employment Opportunity is to develop, prepare, and monitor the annual Affirmative Action Plans and related programs for the Shoreline West, Northwest and Capital Regions within the CT State Community College. The Manager of Equal Employment Opportunity oversees the full array of equal employment, affirmative action and equity duties in support of the assigned regions and serves as the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer for each region and in this capacity shall report to the regional presidents on these matters.
The Manager of Equal Employment Opportunity functions under the direction of the CSCU Director of Equal Employment Opportunity. The incumbent may lead faculty, support staff or student workers as assigned.
The position has substantial cooperative relationships with faculty, administration, students, staff and public. The incumbent is expected to represent the CSCU in a positive manner with agencies external to the CSCU and to collaborate with all departments to contribute to retaining students and providing education about the AA/EEO, Diversity, Inclusion and Title IX activities and programs.
Examples of Duties:
The Manager of Equal Employment Opportunity is accountable for providing administrative services in support of the CT State Community College’s programs through effective performance in these essential functional areas among others:
· Serves as the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer for assigned regions in accordance with the CT General Statutes and the CT Affirmative Action regulations.
· Assists with conducting independent civil rights investigations; may assist with investigations related to Title IX; may lead assigned investigations.
· Creates and/or provides staff development/training and education regarding AA/EEO, Diversity, Inclusion
· Serves as the ADA coordinator for assigned campuses.
· Monitors the Recruitment and Search Process for compliance
The following examples of duties illustrate the general range of tasks assigned to the position, but are not intended to define the limits of required duties. Other essential duties may be assigned consistent with the general scope of the position.
A. Serves as the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer for assigned regions in accordance with the CT General Statutes and the CT Affirmative Action regulations. The Manager of Equal Employment Opportunity is accountable for providing services required for AA/EEO compliance for their assigned areas within HR Shared Services. This accountability includes such essential tasks as:
1) Serves as the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer for the Shoreline West, Northwest, and Capital regions and reports to the regional presidents on matters related to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
2) Works directly with regional leadership to develop and prepare Affirmative Action Plans annually for the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO) and ensures their compliance with the provisions of state and federal AA/EEO regulations and guidelines.
3) Creates and maintains an updated database of hiring, promotion, and separation of human resources personnel data including race/sex data. Prepares or oversees required affirmative action statistical charts and reports with workforce or hiring activity and federal reports.
4) Ensures EEO/AA compliance and information exists on respective web pages for assigned campuses. The page provides information on affirmative action/equal employment opportunity contacts, policies and procedures, and current events related to affirmative action/equal employment opportunity.
5) Meets with the College’s Diversity Committee and other standing contract committees to communicate goals of the current Affirmative Action Plan and related programs.
6) Assist with overseeing, designing, implementing and conducting training on issues related to Title IX, diversity, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Provides development and training to management, faculty and staff on all issues of Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion to develop an awareness and understanding of affirmative action and equal opportunity policies.
7) Participates in networks, programs and organizations representing the College’s at state, regional and national meetings/conferences in order to offer proactive outreach activities associated with Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity, Inclusion and Title IX.
8) Serves as an internal resource, consultant and works collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in politically sensitive context; contributes to the favorable image of the College’s in public, academic and governmental areas by conducting effective programs as the College liaison.
9) Manages the College’s programs for equity, diversity and equality of opportunity, including oversight of affirmative action and non-discrimination policies and procedures;
10) Carries out effective administrative, research, developmental and investigative functions assigned by the President to contribute to the sound management of the institution;
11) May serve on related regional or campus committees, e.g., Threat Assessment Team.
12) Serves on the Regional Diversity Committees, undertaking purposeful activities and promoting affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, diversity and inclusion on campus.
B. Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Investigations: Assists with complex complaint investigations and facilitates conflict resolution through counsel and coaching; may serve as lead investigator in complaints for their assigned areas within HR Shared Services. This accountability includes such essential tasks as:
1) Responsible for mitigating any discriminatory conduct within their assigned regions.
2) Conducts neutral investigations of all complaints of discrimination made against members of their assigned regions.
3) Responsible for the mitigation of all complaints of discrimination within assigned regions.
C. Monitor the Recruitment and Search Process: The Manager of Equal Employment Opportunity is accountable for monitoring the search process for compliance and contributing to the effective recruitment of diversified applicant pools for their assigned areas within HR Shared Services. This accountability includes such essential tasks as:
1) Manages search committee operations, providing guidance regarding appropriate search and selection techniques and compliance with contracts, policy, hiring and promotional goals and the good faith efforts that are reported in the Affirmative Action Plans.
2) Meets with each search committee to communicate goals of the current Affirmative Action Plan; monitors committee activities according to the CSCU hiring policy and procedures. Works closely with the search committees to document the entire search process for compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations.
3) Develops innovative strategies and performs outreach recruitment activities to ensure qualified and diverse applicant pools. Includes visits to geographical area colleges and universities, professional associations and career/job conferences to develop and promote job opportunities at the College’s.
4) Implements recruitment changes for diverse recruitment of certain positions with specialized skills.
D. Serves as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Designee: The Manager of Equal Employment Opportunity is involved in the coordination for their assigned areas within HR Shared Services and develop...
CT State Community College
BusinessView all jobs at CT State Community College