CSTK, a national provider of transportation services, is looking for Skilled Trailer Mechanics/Welders to join our team in Kansas City, KS.
CSTK is a diversified company and provides a multitude of technical services, Trailer Repair, Transport Refrigeration Service and Repair, Construction Equipment Service and Repair, and Truck Equipment builds.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of trailer equipment
- Determine trailer condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests
- Perform system repairs to include air and hydraulic systems, tires, suspension, electrical.
- Welding and fabricating repairs as needed.
- Perform all preventive maintenance inspections, state and federal mandated safety inspections and complete repairs in accordance with DOT requirements.
- Perform routine maintenance on trailers
- Keep paper work updated and handed in upon completion
- Communicate effectively and professionally with team members and customers
- Work safely and follow company safety standards
- Maintain shop to a high standard of cleanliness
- Maintain good attendance
Candidates must meet the basic requirements of the position to be considered for the position.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant trailer repair work experience. Mechanical and HVAC work experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a mechanical and welding aptitude
- Tractor-Trailer maintenance experience preferred
- Must have the ability to work overtime as position may require
- Must have your own set of general tools
- Use computers for web-based training and work order system
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions, including working with air tools on a regular basis
- Must have a clean driving record, and be able to pass a DOT approved physical
- Positive attitude and the ability to set goals and accomplish them
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Company provided EAP, life insurance and short-term disability
- Annual Safety Allowance
- Bi-Annual Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance
- Company provided uniforms
- Tool Loan Program
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CSTK has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact email@example.com ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted. Applicants MUST apply online to be considered for posted positions.
#diesel #maintenance #hydraulic #auto #tools #training #mechanic #repairs #trailer #welder #maintenance #transportation