Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
CSS is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Receptionist / Administrative Assistant is support of the NOAA NCCOS Oxford Cooperative Laboratory. This position will be located on site in Oxford, Maryland.
Duties will include the following:
- Visitor / Guests: Check in visitors and guests utilizing the log book. Scan visitor and guest log monthly and provide scanned copy to facilities coordinator for further processing. Monitor front gate video feed and allow access to campus as necessary.
- Office Supplies: Manage office supplies and provide a list to facilities coordinator when supplies need to be reordered.
- Phone: Answer phone designated as the laboratories general number. Provide assistance with general information and routing of calls to appropriate staff members. Maintain local phone directory and liaison with IT to ensure local email groups are updated.
- Shipping / Receiving: Receive all packages via USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. and mail from USPS. Sort and provide to appropriate individuals within the lab utilizing designated mail slots in the mail room. Assist staff in shipping packages by preparing shipping labels, coordinating pickups, etc. Provide notification to partners, employees, and contract staff if they have a package in the lobby.
- GSA Fleet Vehicles: Manage three U.S. government vehicles by maintaining logs for operator use and managing calendar for vehicle usage. Ensure that operators are qualified to operate vehicles through usage of spreadsheet tracking and file storage. Maintain a current driver's license and graduate approved vehicle safety course so they can operate a government vehicle.
- Event Coordination: Assist lab staff in all aspects of planning, coordination, and implementation of lab events including but not limited to congressional visits, community outreach events, tours, and large meetings.
- Scheduling of Conference Rooms: Manage conference room reservations by acting as point of contact for MDDNR and other partners as required in assisting in the scheduling of the conference rooms within COL.
- Library Decommissioning Project: Assist lab library committee in the deposition of library materials no longer needed. Generate lists, and/or update Excel data sheets, of books to be disposed of, remove catalog cards from designated materials, update card catalog of holdings, and follow the NOAA process for notification of availability to other NOAA and local libraries. Ship materials as needed or transport books locally. Work with facilities coordinator if final disposition of books is to be disposed of through recycling or waste removal contingent upon acting librarian approval.
- -Minimum education requirements are a high school diploma
- -Excellent organizational skills
- -Proficiency in Microsoft Office word and excel
- -Candidates should possess a positive attitude, as well as, excellent oral and written communication skills
CSS is predominantly a Federal Contractor and is subject to following the terms of Executive Orders. CSS requires all Employees (Direct, Indirect, government, state, and commercial), including employees working from home/remotely, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the CSS HR Department.
CSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CSS, IncOxford, MD
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.