This position is responsible for providing written content contribution, editing, proofreading, and producing proposal content to produce compliant and persuasive proposals that are focused and responsive to customer-defined requirements. This position works collaboratively with the capture manager, technical subject matter experts, and business development staff throughout the entire proposal development lifecycle.
This position is also responsible for contributing to the creation of sales and marketing collateral. Candidates should poses the ability to consistently articulate key corporate message points throughout a variety of outlets including proposals, presentations, client letters, marketing communications and website/online outlets. In addition, this role requires the ability to conduct research, analysis and other ad hoc corporate writing projects. This position also requires a high attention to detail, document management and organization, and the ability to initiate and conduct verbal communications with all employees of the company.
· Manages proposal process from bid decision through submission.
o Analyzes the request for proposal/qualification requirements and prepares the compliance matrix; ensures the final document it compliant with all the requirements.
o Holds proposal team members accountable to the schedule.
o Coordinates the development of graphic content including imagery, tables, flow charts overseen by the Marketing Manager.
o Lines up review teams.
o Maintains the orderly archiving of all proposals/statement of qualifications submitted by the firm.
· Writes proposal sections, including tailoring boilerplate language and working with technical subject matter experts to develop technical content, format final documents, perform quality assurance review, and manage production and distribution of documents.
· Schedules and leads proposal kick-off and review meetings.
· Manages proposal schedule and deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
· Edits, standardizes and or makes changes to material prepared by other writers or proposal contributors.
· Is responsible for editing and proofreading of proposal drafts and other related materials to ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency with firm guidelines and standards and customer requirements.
· Manages the proposal, project description, and personnel resume libraries with emphasis on accuracy, currency, and usability.
· Prepares and manages data calls, coordinating receipt of information from prime and sub-consultants.
· Coordinates the efforts of diverse sets of authors to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks through various proposal review cycles.
· Supervises and trains the proposal coordinator.
· Is responsible for delegating tasks and managing progress of diverse proposal team members.
· Edits written documents for format, grammar, style, punctuation, and spelling.
· Provides general research related to marketing initiatives as required, and supports business development team with writing and editing marketing-related documents such as qualifications statements, promotional pieces, resumes and project descriptions.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Relevant work experience as a technical proposal writer/coordinator is required
· Relevant work experience as it pertains to developing and managing the creation of marketing materials
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Business, Journalism, Marketing or a related field
· Strong technical/marketing writing, quality control and oral communication skills
· Must possess strong grammar and writing skills, including proofreading
· Strong organizational and time management skills to meet hard deadlines in a dynamic environment
· Ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure. Must be a self-starter and possess ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery.
· Must be driven and willing to work extended hours when required to meet proposal deadlines
· Experience managing multiple projects with changing priorities
· Able to work with minimal supervision, demonstrating flexibility, accountability, initiative, and self-motivation to identify and execute tasks
· Strong team player, with ability to work independently as well as in a team setting with all levels
· Production oriented, detailed oriented and strong project management skills
· Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign preferred
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, OneNote)
· Experience with SharePoint desired