Management Trainee OperationsUnited States of AmericaR-1028792015 CSL Plasma
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Please note: This is a management trainee role. If hired, you will be in this position for 6 months - 1 year, with the expectation that you will be ready for a promotion into an Assistant Manager role at the end of the program. We have 200+ plasma center locations throughout the country. All candidates must be open to relocation, as there may not be an Assistant Manager opening available in the current location (a company paid relocation program is included).
1. Collaborate with Center Management to ensure the day-to-day activities of Center operations are compliant with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and applicable federal and local regulations.
2. Learn and understand all Center financial responsibilities including annual budgets and monthly financial analysis. Collaborate with Center Management in collecting and analyzing KPI's to support continuous improvement and meet Center established production goals. Learn to collect and analyze data to maintain and improve Center quality, efficiency and profitability.
3. Assist Center Management in ensuring Center is "inspection ready" at all times and customer requirements meet the safety of donors and employees including compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) regulations.
4. Learn and understand Company SOP's and applicable federal and local regulations, develop capabilities in performing nearly all staff tasks and duties at a proficiency level adequate for training and critiquing employees in the performance of those tasks and duties.
5. Develop skills to manage Center staff, including assisting Center Management with recruiting of staff, interviewing and selection of staff, and training of staff. Participate as witness when Center Management delivers staff counseling, including corrective actions and terminations, 45/90 day reviews and year-end performance appraisals.
6. Work with Management to understand efficient donor flow throughout the Center, identify problem areas, and advise Management of ER issues or escalated donor issues.
7. Maintain a clean, efficient work environment. Learn inventory requirements; occasionally walk through facility to ensure operating supplies and inventory are available.
8. Ensure accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
9. Familiarize with all marketing and advertising to ensure programs effectively deliver desired results. Make recommendations to Center Management as needed to improve effectiveness.
10. Develop excellent customer service skills. Provide a model of good customer service to employees. Communicate openly to customers. Learn to effectively resolve customer complaints and concerns.
11. Must be able to complete leadership development program and be able to relocate within 12 months.
12. May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
13. Maintain confidentiality of all staff, donor and center information.
14. Perform other duties, as assigned, to support business needs.
15. A fully trained Management trainee who has completed all of their technical and leadership training may provide leadership coverage.
+ Bachelor's degree preferred
+ Equivalent combination of education and professional work experience required
+ If no degree, must have equivalent combination of education and professional work experience, including a minimum of 1-year supervisory, leadership experience responsible for overseeing the activities of others.
+ Maintain company Technical Training certification
+ Knowledge of ever-changing and complex government and industry regulations and ability to monitor compliance with these regulations
+ Proficient in English
+ Bilingual, Spanish a plus
+ Shares information with internal contacts with common desire to reach a solution
+ Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit
+ Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation
+ Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
+ Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
+ Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
+ Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
+ Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
+ Exposure to human source products and various chemicals including isopropyl, ethyl alcohol, carbon dioxide, iodine, bleach, germicide solution, etc.
+ Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
+ Required to work with the public who may be occasionally dissatisfied
+ Attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal directions required
+ Frequently required to make and accept modifications to working processes and procedures as directed by SOP
+ Overnight travel required up to 10% of the time
Please note: This is a management trainee role. If hired, you will be in this position for 6 months - 1 year, with the expectation that you will be ready for a promotion into an Assistant Manager role at the end of the program. We have 200+ plasma center locations throughout the country. Therefore, all candidates need to be open to relocation, as there may not be an Assistant Manager opening available in your current location (a company paid relocation program is included).
Street Address8404 N. Tryon
Primary LocationCSL Plasma US - NC - Charlotte 203
Full Time/Part TimeFull Time
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
CSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please click below.
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act. https://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo-statement