Field Service Technician I
CSI Compressco LP Williston, ND
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, the Field Service Technician responds as necessary to provide major maintenance and repairs on CSI-owned rental fleet equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform skilled tasks including all levels of maintenance, repairs, and overhauls as directed by supervisory personnel
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all levels of compressor system failures
- Optimize compression equipment performance
- Stay abreast of advanced compressor and engine theory and maintenance
- Comply with all company and customer safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Comply with all other company policies and procedures
- Complete appropriate paperwork as directed
- Perform duties as trainer when required
- Continually hone and develop electronic and computer skills
- Demonstrate and further develop leadership skills
- Present a professional image
- Must be highly proficient in compressor and engine maintenance
- Possess complete understanding of surface production equipment
- Must have troubleshooting skills that seldom require assistance
- Should be able to diagnose general electronic control problems
- Must be able to operate all types of diagnostic tools
- Must be willing to travel and willing to relocate, if necessary
- Must have a thorough understanding of CSI inventory policy and be able to help control inventory
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Must be willing to work unusual hours
- Must be able to pass all non-DOT drug-related testing
- Must be able to meet company lifting standards
- Must have full set of hand tools as defined by company standards
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have good customer-relation skills
- Should have thorough understanding of reference materials
- Must be willing to attend training classes and/or seminars as required
- Needs to possess a thorough understanding of lean burn technology and instrumentation
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- 1+ years of compressor maintenance or related industry experience required
- 5+ years of compressor maintenance or related industry experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- High school diploma or GED required
- Formal vocational training is preferred
Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English. English / Spanish bilingual is desirable. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, and co-workers. Ability to write instructions and information on materials.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have a valid driver's license, be able to maintain an acceptable driving record in line with CSI requirements and possess a clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Pass the required physical examination, including drug and alcohol screening.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Up to 10%
CSI Compressco LP
EngineeringView all jobs at CSI Compressco LP