Software Engineer to Senior Software Engineer (Java Developer), San Francisco, CA
• Design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including high quality requirements, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place.
• Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
• Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
• Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards.
• Extensive experience working on Java applications, excellent grasp of the language and Object Oriented concepts
• Experience with Application Frameworks (Springboot, node.js, Spring Cloud)
• Proven ability building scalable web services (SOAP/REST)
• Proven ability to write production class Map/Reduce java code and Map/Reduce streaming python code
• Experience in Programming & Scripting Languages (Java, Scala, Python, JS, Groovy)
• Experience with DevOps methodology and Test automations (Jenkins/Sonar/JBehave)
• Solid grasp on relational database modeling and design (Oracle, Postgres)
• Desire to be constantly learning new things
• Proficient oral and written communication skills