- Responsible for assessment, design, development and evaluation of training programs within quality and manufacturing engineering.
- Implements training and development solutions that support optimum operational performance.
- Formulates teaching outline and determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, workshops, etc.
- Researches and recommends internal/external resources to satisfy requirements as needed.
- Collaborates with internal and external sources to establish specific learning objectives and content.
- Develops and prepares training related materials such as demonstration models, visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works, PowerPoint presentations, procedure and training manuals, course agendas, etc.
- Organizes training events, schedules resources and facilitates training programs
- Reports on employee progress during training periods, monitors learning metrics for program effectiveness and content transfer, and maintains records or all completed training, certifications and requirements.
- Acts as an integral member of overall team, shares strategies and information develops successful outcomes.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly training reports.
- Maintain subject matter expertise within the high tech manufacturing industry
- Works on special projects, assignments and events as needed.
- Must have IPC certification or (willing to obtain IPC certification) in workmanship specifications (IPC/WHMA-A-620 and IPC-610), rework and repair (IPC-7711) as well as J-STD-001 assembly
- Utilize technical knowledge and performance based instructional skills to audit workmanship and demonstrate correct assembly techniques in areas such as Hand Soldering, Electrical and Electronic Assemblies, Acceptance of Printed Circuit Boards, Harness and Cable Assemblies
- Set up and configure classroom hardware & software for hands-on training
- Ensuring the training classroom is re-stocked as needed for each training session
- Maintain and manage training records in the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Establish training sessions including assigning individuals to the course as needed, setting up classroom, and scheduling trainings in the LMS
- Work with new operators on a regular basis to ensure they are building to requirements
- Communicate to supervisors regularly on aptitude of new operators to ensure performance concerns are dealt with immediately
- Conduct regularly scheduled cell/program refresher or corrective action training based on defects or challenges identified
- Maintain subject matter expertise within the manufacturing industry
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering preferred) from four-year College or university.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 8 years’ experience with prior training experience in a manufacturing/quality engineering environment.
- Knowledge of IPC-A 610 and IPC J-STD-001 required.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Project software knowledge a plus.
- Previously demonstrated ability in presentations, interpersonal, customer service, decision-making, strong follow-up, multi-tasking, and initiative.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of principles, practices and procedures associated with instructional design and delivery.
- Prior experience or training in procedure and process documentation.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Familiarity or background with Engineering field a plus.