CSA Group is seeking a Structural Engineer for the Miami office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Lead Structural Engineer with conceptualization, planning, execution, quality control and closing processes of projects in own discipline.
- Coordinates with related disciplines.
- Responsible for the preparation of project-specific Construction Documents (Drawings & Specifications) and providing construction administration Services / Field Engineering services.
- Performs design and calculation tasks based on standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Applies standard practices, engineering fundamentals, and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, and follows design through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications and other engineering data received from engineers and architects.
- Responsible for the overall management of small -sized projects or has technical responsibility on a project.
- Assures compliance and provide input with established firm-wide policies and procedures as related to project execution.
- Makes recommendations and decisions that impact a project.
- Responsible for client satisfaction, technical excellence, establishment and adherence to project budgets, income and cost.
- Coordinates and manages small-sized project activities.
- Communicate / Coordinate with task team members involved in technical discipline’s activities on a large to medium project.
- Keeps contact with clients and professionals inside / outside the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, with a focus in the Structural Engineering field, is required.
- Florida Professional Engineer License.
- 4+ years of experience as a Structural Engineer with at least three years managing medium-sized governmental and commercial projects with significant technical responsibilities on a project.
- Knowledge on the Miami City Building Code and Florida State.
- Working knowledge of ETABS, SAP2000, SAFE, Microsoft office suite, MATHCAD, Microsoft Teams & AutoCAD.
- Revit 2020 experience a plus.
- Knowledge of State Building Codes is a plus.
- Proficiency in reinforced concrete and structural steel design.
- Knowledge of the Design of wood, masonry and cold form steel structures.
- Solid background in mathematics, physics and mechanics of materials.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding and Design experience of foundation types and soil / structure interaction.
- Solid background in dynamics, wind and earthquake design of structures.
- Excellent oral, written skills and communication skills.
- Teamwork and customer satisfaction oriented.
We have a strong engineering and architectural design history with Project Delivery services that extend from Feasibility Studies through project Commissioning, Maintenance and Operations to our extensive Fund Management Consulting practice... we're here throughout the life of your projects, and as a total service provider for public and private sector clients within the facilities, infrastructure, and transportation industries, we truly are a one-stop-shop.
CSA Group is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record (ENR) among the Top 500 Design Firms, and among the Top 50 Program Management Firms in the U.S.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.