We are seeking Structural Engineers, Civil Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers to conduct site inspections for sites with minor or major damage and develop the associated project grants to validate infrastructure damage and record detailed damage descriptions during the inspection. Specific tasks include:
- Communicating and coordinating with other Public Assistance (PA) staff involved in the PA Program delivery process for Applicants;
- Scheduling and conducting site inspections with Applicants;
- Identifying need for and engaging technical specialists and environmental/historic preservation compliance specialists when appropriate throughout the program delivery process;
- Performing accurate quantification and detailed description of disaster related damage, including debris;
- Taking representative photographs that depict damage claims;
- Completing sketches of sites to supplement photographs and capture profile and cross-sectional perspectives;
- Writing a detailed damage description;
- Obtaining the Applicant representative's agreement that all disaster-related damage was described and quantified correctly;
- Tracking and following-up with the Applicant on FEMA's Requests for Information and documentation submission;
- Developing scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements;
- Developing and reviewing DDDs;
- Evaluating hazard mitigation proposals and developing benefit-cost analyses;
- Developing cost estimates for infrastructure projects
- Participating in regular FEMA meetings by providing updates on work status;
- Evaluating claims and making recommendations to FEMA as to whether the claim is eligible;
Engineers with sit inspection experience. Preferred with seismic backgrounds and ATC-20 training. Preferred experience working on earthquake disasters.
We have a strong engineering and architectural design history with Project Delivery services that extend from Feasibility Studies through project Commissioning, Maintenance and Operations to our extensive Fund Management Consulting practice... we're here throughout the life of your projects, and as a total service provider for public and private sector clients within the facilities, infrastructure, and transportation industries, we truly are a one-stop-shop.
CSA Group is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record (ENR) among the Top 500 Design Firms, and among the Top 50 Program Management Firms in the U.S.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.