CSA Group is seeking a Senior HVAC Mechanical Design Engineer for the New York office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide mechanical HVAC engineering services for the full life cycle of projects from conceptual planning to completed design and construction
- Lead HVAC design and provide HVAC mechanical engineering services for a variety of clients
- Conduct site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects
- Coordinate with structural, electrical, architectural and MEP teams to create and update drawings and construction documentation
- Ensure safety, quality and schedule are integrated into the design from the beginning through completion
- Design systems that meet building codes and standards
- Maintain good relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Keep abreast of trends in the industry, best practices
- Assist with proposals and business development efforts
- Coach and mentor junior staff members
- Responsible for quality, client expectations and profitability
- Prepare reports
- Plan and design mechanical building systems
- Develop and manage design and construction documents including narratives, flow diagrams, floorplans and sections, details, specifications, equipment schedules and calculations
- Specify and size mechanical equipment including air handling units, chillers, cooling towers, boilers, pumps, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10-15 years of design experience for HVAC systems for a variety of facilities for educational, institutional and state agency and municipal projects
- Professional Engineer preferred
- Proficient design skills in HVAC
- Proficient in AutoCAD preferred
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
We have a strong engineering and architectural design history with Project Delivery services that extend from Feasibility Studies through project Commissioning, Maintenance and Operations to our extensive Fund Management Consulting practice... we're here throughout the life of your projects, and as a total service provider for public and private sector clients within the facilities, infrastructure, and transportation industries, we truly are a one-stop-shop.
CSA Group is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record (ENR) among the Top 500 Design Firms, and among the Top 50 Program Management Firms in the U.S.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.