On October 29, 2012, Hurricane Sandy caused unprecedented damage to New York City, including billions of dollars in damages to New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) properties. NYCHA responded by launching a historic effort to not only repair damage caused by Hurricane Sandy but to build back safer, stronger, and smarter. For more information on NYCHA’s Sandy Recovery efforts please visit: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/nycha/about/recovery-resiliency.page
CSA Group is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic part-time (16 – 24 hours per week) Community Support Representative to assist with engagement efforts for NYCHA’s post-Superstorm Sandy recovery efforts.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Conducting daily phone calls to community stakeholders
- Supporting engagement efforts (e.g. canvassing, flyer distribution), as needed
- Performing data entry
- Attending evening and weekend community meetings and events across New York City
- Participating in construction-related activities and events across New York City (e.g. critical lifts, utility service interruptions, apartment surveys)
- Maintaining contact with community leaders, including resident association presidents
- Assisting with the planning and execution of public meetings including: researching and scouting event locations, distributing flyers, and notifying community stakeholders
- Providing additional support to the Outreach Community Support Lead, as might be required
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Flexible schedule (evenings and weekends required) and the ability to travel throughout NYC
- Proficiency in Mandarin, Russian, or Spanish preferred
- Students and NYCHA residents encouraged to apply
We have a strong engineering and architectural design history with Project Delivery services that extend from Feasibility Studies through project Commissioning, Maintenance and Operations to our extensive Fund Management Consulting practice... we're here throughout the life of your projects, and as a total service provider for public and private sector clients within the facilities, infrastructure, and transportation industries, we truly are a one-stop-shop.
CSA Group is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record (ENR) among the Top 500 Design Firms, and among the Top 50 Program Management Firms in the U.S.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.