CSA Group is seeking a Mid-Level HVAC Mechanical Designer for the NYC office.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design HVAC systems from conceptual planning to completed design for construction.
- Prepare design documents for permitting, bidding and construction.
- Write reports on HVAC systems and designs.
- Perform feasibility studies of the HVAC systems for the projects.
- Prepare designs for hydronic and air distribution systems.
- Select major HVAC equipment.
- Design automatic temperature controls systems and specifications
- Prepare cooling and heating load calculations utilizing Trane Trace Software.
- Perform construction administration duties to include shop drawing reviews and responding to RFIs.
- Attend client meetings during the design of a project and during construction.
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues, contractors, and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8-10 years of design experience for HVAC systems for a variety of facilities for educational, institutional and state agency and municipal projects
- Professional Engineer preferred
- Proficient in and AutoCAD, REVIT Preferred
- Capable of writing reports on HVAC systems and designs.
- Capable of designing the HVAC systems from conceptual planning to completed design for construction.
- Proficient in preparing designs for hydronic and air distribution systems.
- Capable of selecting major HVAC equipment.
- Capable of preparing cooling and heating load calculations utilizing Trane Trace Software.
- Proficient design skills in HVAC
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent creative thinking skills