CSA Group is seeking a Mid-Level HVAC Mechanical Designer for the NYC office.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design HVAC systems from conceptual planning to completed design for construction.
- Prepare design documents for permitting, bidding and construction.
- Write reports on HVAC systems and designs.
- Perform feasibility studies of the HVAC systems for the projects.
- Prepare designs for hydronic and air distribution systems.
- Select major HVAC equipment.
- Design automatic temperature controls systems and specifications
- Prepare cooling and heating load calculations utilizing Trane Trace Software.
- Perform construction administration duties to include shop drawing reviews and responding to RFIs.
- Attend client meetings during the design of a project and during construction.
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues, contractors, and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8-10 years of design experience for HVAC systems for a variety of facilities for educational, institutional and state agency and municipal projects
- Professional Engineer preferred
- Proficient in and AutoCAD, REVIT Preferred
- Capable of writing reports on HVAC systems and designs.
- Capable of designing the HVAC systems from conceptual planning to completed design for construction.
- Proficient in preparing designs for hydronic and air distribution systems.
- Capable of selecting major HVAC equipment.
- Capable of preparing cooling and heating load calculations utilizing Trane Trace Software.
- Proficient design skills in HVAC
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent creative thinking skills
We have a strong engineering and architectural design history with Project Delivery services that extend from Feasibility Studies through project Commissioning, Maintenance and Operations to our extensive Fund Management Consulting practice... we're here throughout the life of your projects, and as a total service provider for public and private sector clients within the facilities, infrastructure, and transportation industries, we truly are a one-stop-shop.
CSA Group is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record (ENR) among the Top 500 Design Firms, and among the Top 50 Program Management Firms in the U.S.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.