***Please submit a cover letter***
On October 29, 2012, Superstorm Sandy caused unprecedented damage to New York City, including billions of dollars in damages to New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) properties. NYCHA responded by launching a historic effort to not only repair damage caused by Superstorm Sandy but to build back safer, stronger, and smarter. For more information on NYCHA’s Sandy Recovery efforts please visit: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/nycha/about/recovery-resiliency.page
CSA Group (www.csagroup.com) is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Community Liaison to serve as the main point of contact for NYCHA residents for an existing project team supporting NYCHA’s post-Superstorm Sandy recovery and construction efforts.
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION WILL BE PRIMARILY BASED AT CONSTRUCTION SITES THROUGHOUT NYC AND WILL REQUIRE SIGNIFICANT TRAVEL**
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Serving as the primary Recovery and Resilience Department (R+R) point of contact for NYCHA residents and local community groups
- Attending evening and weekend community meetings and events across New York City to gather information and provide R+R updates across New York City
- Preparing and distributing flyers and weekly construction activity reports at NYCHA sites
- Coordinating outreach support for and participating in construction-related field activities and events across four boroughs (e.g., critical lifts, utility service interruptions, apartment surveys)
- Assisting with the planning and execution of R+R public meetings including but not limited to: researching and scouting event locations, coordinating the distribution of flyers, notifying community stakeholders, and delivering public presentations
- Developing and maintaining a schedule of resident association, community board, and related community meetings.
- Establishing and enhancing working relationships with construction managers, property managers, and community leaders, including resident association presidents
- Compiling a caseload of resident concerns (R+R and non-R+R-related) and coordinating with the appropriate NYCHA department(s), agencies, and organizations to help resolve those concerns
- Providing additional support to the Outreach Liaison Lead, as might be required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts from an accredited college
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to synthesize complex issues into easily digestible material
- Flexible schedule and the ability to travel throughout NYC
- Capability of maintaining composure under pressure
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Strong project management and implementation experience is a plus
- Proficient command of Mandarin or Cantonese Chinese is a plus
We have a strong engineering and architectural design history with Project Delivery services that extend from Feasibility Studies through project Commissioning, Maintenance and Operations to our extensive Fund Management Consulting practice... we're here throughout the life of your projects, and as a total service provider for public and private sector clients within the facilities, infrastructure, and transportation industries, we truly are a one-stop-shop.
CSA Group is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record (ENR) among the Top 500 Design Firms, and among the Top 50 Program Management Firms in the U.S.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.