CSA Group is seeking an Architect with 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibilities for the New York office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of multi-discipline projects with a high degree of technical complexity
- Responsible for documentation, permitting, and bid management
- Oversee construction administration, monitor contracts and prepare progress reports
- Execute schematic design development through contract document working drawings
- Coordinate workloads with the project team to complete deliverables on schedule
- Work in conjunction with the Department, Project and Discipline Managers and outside consultants
- Promote adherence to office standards and procedures
- Implement QA/QC procedures
- Support department operations and performance
- Responsible for client and project coordination
- Responsible for managing projects under minimum supervision
- Provide data to Department Manager for evaluation
- Advise Discipline manager of need for additional service (Change Order) agreements
- Assist with managing, mentoring and training junior staff
- Produce and coordinate several projects concurrently
- Establish client relations and assist with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Active New York State Registration (in good standing) is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in project design, production of contract documents, construction administration and specification writing
- Proficient in AutoCAD required.
- Mid-level MicroStation preferred
- Introductory to mid-level Revit experience required.
- Must be able to lead a team on projects
- Strong written and communication skills
- Good analytical, planning, and mentoring skills
- Strong knowledge of NYS and NYC BCs and related Building Regulations including Local Laws
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Customer satisfaction oriented
- Committed to becoming an active participant in the CSA culture.
We have a strong engineering and architectural design history with Project Delivery services that extend from Feasibility Studies through project Commissioning, Maintenance and Operations to our extensive Fund Management Consulting practice... we're here throughout the life of your projects, and as a total service provider for public and private sector clients within the facilities, infrastructure, and transportation industries, we truly are a one-stop-shop.
CSA Group is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record (ENR) among the Top 500 Design Firms, and among the Top 50 Program Management Firms in the U.S.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.