Our client is a family-owned distributor with over 60 years of composites experience. Their network of 32 local distribution centers is dedicated to serving the composites manufacturing industry. With more 30,000 products from over 400 supplier partners reaching over 9,000 customers, our client is the leading distributor of composites materials in North America.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for daily general ledger maintenance, assisting with month-end close, account reconciliations, account analysis, financial reporting, and other special projects as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintains records of financial activity in accordance with GAAP, Company standards and in compliance with the Corporate Accounting policy.
- Prepares and posts timely and accurate journal entries; balances and posts Payroll.
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger in a timely manner.
- Performs account analysis and reconciliations, including balance sheets and P&L reconciliations; analyzes variances and makes corrections as needed.
- Interfaces with management in various departments, including AP, Sales Operations, HR, IT and outside vendors.
- Assists with and participates in month-end and year-end closing activities related to inventory, payroll and accounts payable.
- Assists in preparing supporting documentation during annual audit process.
- Creates accounting-related reports for internal and external use.
- Prepares budgets and assists with forecasting for payroll and benefits.
- Performs ad-hoc analyses as needed.
- Utilizes automated tools for updating, analyzing and reporting consolidated financial results.
- Assists with preparing internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from various departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system.
- Producing Results – Meets or exceeds established goals and objectives.
- Communicates a strong sense of urgency in solving problems and getting work done.
- Ensures time, resources and actions are focused on priorities that contribute to meeting business goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage day-to-day tasks in an efficient manner.
- Reliable, self-motivated and well organized.
- Stellar Service – Meets or exceeds both internal and external customer requirements utilizing customer service concepts and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills; positive, customer service focus; ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to successfully research and resolve issues in an accurate, thorough and timely manner with minimal assistance.
- Ability to define specific problems and offer variable solutions; ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with company policies and/or procedures.
- Ability to communicate with external and internal customers of all levels across the company; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Builds customer loyalty by utilizing the STAR qualities to create Positive
- Defining Moments in the three dimensions of service.
- Responds to unexpected customer requests with sense of urgency and positive action; seeks opportunities to dazzle customers.
- Recovers from a service failure in a way that enhances customer’s loyalty to the Company; demonstrates sincere concern and empathy when a customer complains.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical data.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on sustained accuracy and completeness; monitors own work to ensure thoroughness and quality.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage day-to-day tasks in an efficient manner while engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and employees of all levels across
- the company; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word; experience working in a Windows environment.
- Ability to learn internal MRP system – MXP. Experience with Google sites, Gmail and Google Chrome preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 1 - 2 years experience in Accounting. Experience in Accounts Payable, Payroll or Bookkeeping helpful. Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, practices, standards and procedures; knowledge of tools, practices and considerations for updating and validating general ledger data.
- General Ledger – Knowledge of the tools, practices and considerations for updating and validating general ledger data.
- Ability to understand the basic steps and tools for maintaining GL information.
- Ability to interpret basic GL reports.
- Accuracy & Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to process information with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; monitors own work to ensure thoroughness and quality.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using
- whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages, etc.
- Productively balances speed and accuracy.
- Financial Analysis - Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
- Financial Reporting - Knowledge of processes, methods and tools for creating and maintaining accurate and thorough financial reports.
- GAAP - Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and how to apply them.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance, AR, AP, asset, inventory, expense, gross margin, revenue, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, overhead, trends, costs, sales reports, administrative services, receipts, W-9, 1099, ledger, payments, finance, schedules, commission, documentation, invoice, statements, billing, Excel, taxes, transactions, payment terms, accrued expenses, metrics, cost management, OPEX, COGS, CAPEX, actual costs, risks, savings potential, AOP, forecast