This individual is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Production Team, including ensuring process efficiency, that necessary supplies are stocked, and that talent is allocated appropriately to suit production needs. This person is responsible for meeting production goals by managing and supporting the production supervisor and associates in a low-volume and high-mix environment. Furthermore, this individual is able to identify areas for Continuous Process Improvement and can effectively present action plans to senior leadership.
- Manages daily operations of department, including ensuring process efficiency, that necessary supplies are stocked, and that talent is allocated appropriately to uit production needs.
- Ensures Associates are meeting daily, weekly, and monthly production goals in order to meet consumer demand; maintains virtual and physical inventory of products.
- Maintains quality control by visually inspecting cannabis products and packaging to ensure consistency in packaging standards performed in compliance with state regulations; ensures labeling and product counts are accurate.
- Manages Production Associates by monitoring attendance, performance, and adherence to company policies and procedures; conducting annual performance evaluations; providing coaching and support; and providing corrective action as needed.
- Complies with departmental related record keeping requirements including production work orders and creation of batch jobs, waste logs, and task assignments.
- Coordinates with other department managers related to make to deliver activities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred. Candidates with exceptional experience without degrees will be considered.
- 5-10 years of experience as a department manager in a manufacturing or production-based food or consumer packaging environment required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office such as excel, word, and google docs.
- Experience with any of the following: Oracle, SAP, Baan, Syspro, Sage, Netsuite, Arena, MS Dynamics, Infor, and Salesforce.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma work environment a plus.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule with some weekend work and occasional travel between company sites.
- Strong people management skills with exceptional emotional intelligence required.
- Create and maintain KPIs such as OTD, Schedule Attainment, Throughput, Total Cycle Time, Availability, Changeover time, Downtime, and Return Rate.
- Ability to resolve bottlenecks and production issues.
- Ability to communicate ideas and resolutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Continuous Process Improvement mindset.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
This position offers a competitive base salary.