Our client operates the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America. Transportation brokers, carriers, news organizations and industry analysts rely on them for market trends and data insights derived from 183 million freight matches and a database of $68 billion of market transactions.
Job Type: Full-time
Product Marketing Manager- Shipper Segment
Our client is seeking a Product Marketing Manager- Shipper Segment to join their marketing team in Denver, CO. The ideal candidate has an excellent track record performing this role in B2B markets to manufacturer and retail targets. The ideal candidate also is passionate about delivering great customer experiences for the our client’s suite of software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for the logistics industry. This position drives the marketing strategy and plans to deliver on the business goals for our client’s products and target segments and possesses a thorough understanding of the end-user, their business, and the context in which our client can help them achieve their goals. The ideal candidate is an expert collaborator who contributes valuable market and customer insights to create great products and takes ownership for high impact messaging, product launches, and go-to-market plans and execution. This role serves as the customer and market champion, the voice and face to the market for the products and segments they are responsible for.
- Develop deep insights and knowledge of the market, customers, and competition.
- Initiate, define and manage market research studies in collaboration with internal and external market research professionals and the product team.
- Gather and assimilate end-user data from primary and secondary sources including field observations, interviews, customer feedback, and industry surveys.
- Create the marketing strategy for target segments, products and services offered.
- Drive the product positioning, messaging, branding/naming, and value proposition for the product.
- Develop market and customer experience requirements for the product and ensure requirements are being met at each stage of the product development lifecycle.
- Work with the UX team to develop and execute a solid customer experience strategy and execution for the customer journey.
- Develop compelling product launch and go-to-market strategy and plan.
- Develop and deliver training and collateral for customer facing staff.
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams to develop demand generation and lead generation plans.
- Work with the Corporate Communications Manager, ensure there are solid market communications plans, PR, and employee/customer communications in place.
- Be the champion and expert at customer meetings to sell in products and plans.
- Develop a clear offering and monetization model, and forecast for the products based on a thorough knowledge of supply chain seasonality and trends.
- Ensure launch readiness with go-to-market by facilitating customer tests and trials.
- Work through existing customer communications and develop upsell/cross-sell programs.
- Put measures and KPI’s in place for key market analytics and business performance measures.
- Set up beta programs for new products and/or enhancements.
- Initiate and participate in the development of all marketing, product releases, advertisements, sales promotions, and sales presentations that are designed to increase market share, marketplace volume and product profitability.
- Support global sales channels through joint sales calls/visits to key accounts; proposal/bid pricing and development assistance; and trade show support and conference calls.
- Attend functions and conduct research of industry trends to provide management with projections and relevant, actionable market statistics.
- Direct and implement the formation of pricing policies, billing format and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 10 years product marketing experience in software and/or marketplace/platform businesses.
- SaaS experience required.
- Marketplace/platform marketing desired.
- Supply chain/logistics industry experience a plus.
- Possess broad expertise or unique knowledge, use skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Create formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- May supervise the activities of others.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics