Job Type: Full-time
Financial Logistics Controller
Our client is seeking an experienced capable, diligent financial controller to manage the accounting operations of the organization, as well as cash management and risk management, along with supervising all accounting staff. Our client consists of 3 vertically integrated companies that control assets, warehouse, and property. The new controller will help with those companies as well. The position is based in an office setting however, some travel may be necessary along with occasional weekend or evening work. The financial controller must deliver precise information under strict deadlines. The ideal candidate for the financial controller position is bright, attentive, and efficient with selfassurance and the ability to complete work skillfully with little to no direct supervision.
- Oversee accounting operations of the company and its subsidiaries.
- Create an organizational structure within the accounting department to facilitate the achievement of the department’s short-term goals and long-term objectives.
- Manage and mentor junior personnel in the accounting department.
- Experience in multiple accounting programs.
- Supervise transaction-processing operations.
- Oversee any outsourced accounting functions.
- Maintain an organized and orderly filing system of all accounting documents.
- Collaborate with external auditors as needed.
- Coordinate with colleagues to prepare the company’s annual report.
- Produce the annual budget and predict budget forecasts.
- Maintain a comprehensive system of accounting records.
- Maintain an adequate system of budgets and controls created to mitigate risk.
- Generate financial reports periodically.
- Ensure the accuracy of the organization’s financial results and reports.
- Ensure that financial reports comply with current accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Publish complete and timely financial statements to company executives, shareholders, and the board.
- Account for any budget variances and report significant discrepancies to management.
- Recommend benchmarks for the measurement of company financial performance goals.
- Analyze capital investments, contract negotiations, and pricing decisions.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal tax filings and reporting requirements.
- Schedule payments for accounts payable promptly.
- Schedule timely payments for debt repayment.
- Find and implement reasonable discounts for accounts payable as appropriate.
- Ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Complete periodic bank reconciliations.
- Maintain a system of controls over all transactions.
- Schedule payroll for all employees.
- Schedule commission payments for sales representatives.
- Previous experience in the Logistics industry is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of controller experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accountancy.
- Superb mathematical skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Sufficient interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance, AR, AP, asset, inventory, expense, gross margin, revenue, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, overhead, trends, costs, sales reports, administrative services, receipts, W-9, 1099, ledger, payments, finance, schedules, commission, documentation, invoice, statements, billing, Excel, taxes, transactions, payment terms, accrued expenses, metrics, cost management, OPEX, COGS, CAPEX, actual costs, risks, savings potential, AOP, forecast