Job Type: Full-time
Brokerage Operations Manager
This role is responsible for the daily employee coaching and pricing activities that occur within the Sales Operations group, revenue and customer load count growth, and superior customer service.
- Effectively communicate internally and with customers regarding shipment information in order to provide world class service.
- Work in conjunction with teammates and carrier sales to prioritize and service customer’s capacity needs.
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointments in accordance with legal transit times and shipment requirements.
- Communicate progress of shipments, on-time performance and the resolution of any mid-transit issues to customers.
- Effectively coach and retain key Sales Ops employees to ensure company growth.
- Seek new revenue opportunities from new and existing routes.
- Lead Sales Ops pricing activities including long term quoting.
- B.A. in Logistics/Supply Chain, Business, or Marketing preferred.
- High school diploma required.
- 2+ years of 3PL supervisory experience.
- 4 years of transportation experience.
- 2+ years of sales or customer services experience.
- Knowledge of various freight market trends based on seasonality, geography and specialized carrier types.
- Able to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong comprehension of various transportation methods and modes.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to manage ambiguity.
- Excellent customer service and employee relations skills.
- Ability to make decisions in a high stress environment.
- Strong ability to use organizational skills to plan tasks effectively. and use forward thinking to predict future changes.
- Ability to participate and build effective teams.
- Ability to process, work flows, policies, and projects as assigned.
- Ability to exude confidence and gain credibility with carriers.
- Strong proficiency with computer applications and software.
- Ability to influence and persuade others while being able to solve problems and provide effective solutions.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload