Job type: Full-time
Brokerage Accounting Manager
This position will serve as the customers’ point of contact for all accounting-related inquiries, including producing weekly financial reports, working with clients to service their accounting needs, addressing any payment disputes, and providing excellent customer service.
- Collaborate with our client’s sales teams to understand their clients and related accounting needs.
- Display top-notch customer service skills as you answer inbound inquiries from clients/ carriers and build relationships with customer accounting contacts.
- Learn each customer’s invoicing portal and develop processes to maximize collections and minimize billing discrepancies.
- Proactively research payment details and reach out to clients as needed.
- Pull weekly reports and distribute for internal consumption.
- Follow AR trending patterns to predict and prevent past due invoices.
- Strive to meet and exceed aging goals on a consistent basis.
- Settle payments with customers, keeping sales reps informed every step of the way.
- Resolve payment disputes thoroughly, involving management when appropriate.
- Execute administrative tasks, including document uploading and retrieval.
- Represent our client’s brand through transparent and professional communication with customers via phone and email.
- Oversee and complete components on month end closing process including P&L, aging report and bank reconciliation.
- Analyze and summarize ad-hoc reports and monthly management reports, including budget vs. actual variance reports and follow-up on significant variances.
- Eventually manage team of individuals responsible for executing payables and receivables.
- Assist leadership in hiring and developing accounting staff.
- Develop working rapport with customers and internal departments.
- Assess current accounting processes and execute improvements/ automations to increase efficiencies.
- Provide technical accounting support; participate in setting financial standards and offering recommendations and guidance to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in accounting or finance position.
- Technical knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated success in month-end closing, process management, implementing process improvements.
- Ability to analyze and research financial data.
- Ability to communicate high level information to leadership.
- Self-motivated work style; able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment; consult with team members and management as needed.
- Ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with QuickBooks / Xero.
- Experience in the freight logistics space.
- Team management experience.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance, AR, AP, asset, inventory, expense, gross margin, revenue, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, overhead, trends, costs, sales reports, administrative services, receipts, W-9, 1099, ledger, payments, finance, schedules, commission, documentation, invoice, statements, billing, Excel, taxes, transactions, payment terms, accrued expenses, metrics, cost management, OPEX, COGS, CAPEX, actual costs, risks, savings potential, AOP, forecast