CS Insurance Strategies Inc. is a Chicago-based brokerage consulting firm, with offices in Los Angeles, Pennsylvania and New York.
Solid reputation, passionate people and career growth opportunities. Celebrating our 10th year and looking to increase our construction division for Commercial Property and Casualty.
Under general supervision, responsible for underwriting, marketing and retaining a small profitable book of construction business.
Account Executive (Underwriter Surety) Construction Services
The Construction, Bond and Specialty Insurance division of CS Insurance Strategies is seeking to add an experienced Account Executive (Underwriter) to our Construction Services team. This is an opportunity to join a successful, dedicated, and collaborative staff in a highly visible and challenging role. Account Executives have the opportunity to build a unique and rewarding career within a highly specialized niche of the Insurance Industry.
Construction Services is a dynamic blend of the following:
- Financial analysis/risk assessment: gather and analyze pertinent information in order to evaluate the acceptability of business risk within assigned book of business
- Marketing: build and maintain relationships with agents, brokers, and insured clients to help achieve business goals
- New business development and retention: sell to, negotiate with, and influence agents and brokers to manage a profitable book of business
Construction Services Account Executive (Underwriter) will immediately have the opportunity to make an impact and will:
- Manage a high quality, diverse, and complex customer base across multiple segments of the construction industry
- Design, develop, and implement a broker/agency sales and marketing plan specific to assigned territory
- Leverage Industry leading product expertise and data analytics to identify new business opportunities
- Benefit from cross sell opportunities and established relationships
- Construction Services provides performance & other surety bonds and related services to general and heavy contractors, construction managers, and subcontractors. Construction Services underwriting includes financial and contract analysis, customer meetings, job site visits, and consultative services.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
General Responsibilities: Underwriting new and renewal business. Building and maintaining productive relationships with clients. Consistently achieving budgeted financial results. Underwriting & Pricing: Underwrites and assesses risk for small to mid-size renewals and new business items. May underwrite larger renewals. Considers different approaches toward risks to maximize profitability. Makes appropriate decisions within own underwriting authority. Underwrites moderately complex-to-complex accounts/risks. Manages the submission and underwriting process. Can easily articulate whether or not account is within or outside underwriting appetite/strategy, along with the reasons for that determination. Independently sets account strategy.
Agency Management/Relationship: Lead or participate in agency training sessions. May be sought out by clients for his/her expertise regarding industry and local issues. Primary agency or broker relationship is producer / internal broker. Sales Management/Marketing: Leverages agent/broker relationships to drive new business opportunities via existing relationships. Uses strong negotiation skills and deep product knowledge to meet the needs of the account. Develops agency plant sales/business plan. Other duties as assigned.