Duration: 18-month contract
Overview: We are looking for a Real Estate Paralegal for one of our clients.
- Facilitates communication between the remote Real Estate teams, Field Offices, Legal, and RE COE Team.
- Point person for information to various departments as it pertains to New/Store Real Estate issues.
- Establishes and cultivates strong working relationship with National Development Expeditor, National Real Estate Managers, National Real Estate Leads, US Legal, as well as outside consultants.
- Reviews real estate contracts and other legal and title documents
- Prepares lease abstract, critical dates, and title review memos and works with Legal Dept and other departments/vendors to satisfy contract contingencies
- Works with Seller’s/Landlord’s on entity documents, clearing title objections, and other documentation required
- Tracks key milestone dates and takes the lead on follow up and follow thru with Field Office teams, vendors and other depts. on various real estate contract due diligence items
- Works with the Legal Dept on negotiation of ancillary real estate documents (amendments, easements, MOLs, NDAs, etc.)
- Facilitates and actively participates in Real Estate Management meetings and video conferences.
- Candidate should possess specific knowledge of commercial real estate (primarily retail and ground up development).
- Experience with interpreting and negotiating various legal documents and understand title and survey documents.
- Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, Power Point.
- Candidate should have generally strong technical skills with the ability to adapt to other software applications such as TRIRIGA and Co-Star, SharePoint, SmartSheet and other proprietary software.
- Possess solid organizational skills and ability to balance competing priorities.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to express ideas effectively.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and can adapt easily to changing processes and responsibilities.
- Candidate must also be effective at working remotely and be able to meet deadlines and other deliverables with moderate supervision.