The CRS Group Detroit, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Location: Detroit, MI
Pay Rate: $30 - $37.50/hr
Overview: The CRS Group is currently looking for an Event Coordinator for one of our clients in Detroit, MI. The CRS Group is a nationwide Staffing Firm who works primarily with Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 corporations.
This position has primary responsibility for the day to day operations and activity on the conference center floor. This includes assisting with audio visual needs, catering deliverables, and directing attendees upon arrival. In addition this position is responsible for supporting Hospitality Services, in particular, special events, and bank meetings/conferences, in a variety of administrative and logistical responsibilities. This includes supporting Senior Coordinators and liaising with partner departments to meet all client requests and needs.
- Proactively supports the department, and Senior Event Coordinators, by answering phones, checking shared email box, handling inquiries for space and checking availability in the Event Management System.
- Provides logistical support ensuring all client requests are met by checking room set-up, audio visual/technology, and catering are set according to department service and operational guidelines.
- Provides exceptional customer service in all interactions to include greeting clients and directing attendees.
- Proactively works with partner departments (i.e., Facilities, LEU, IT, Food Services) to resolve potential logistical issues in advance, or as they may arise. Provides exceptional customer service through the event process.
- Responsible for administrative duties that include, but are not limited to, coordination and distribution of various logistical reports, creating daily room signs, managing supply inventory and ordering when necessary, etc.
- Proactively assists Senior Event coordinators with logistical details for larger, and more complex, events, and may serve as a back-up liaison in their absence.
- Administers hotel and ground transportation contract processes to include obtaining availability, rates, monitoring cut-off dates, assisting with rooming lists.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of direct conference/event planning and client service work related experience
- Working knowledge and experience of audio visual equipment, set-up, operation and related systems
- Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional client service skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with high degree of professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, flexible, yet must be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to understand the department, Bank and client budgetary and expense constraints
- Must be flexible and have a demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, and capable of managing multiple priorities
- Proficient PC skills with experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge of audio visual equipment Other Requirements and Physical Requirements
- Position requires occasional morning coverage (early as 6:45a CST) or evening coverage (late as 5:45p CST), and requires flexibility with work schedule to meet business needs including overtime, occasional evenings, and weekends
- Position requires extended periods of walking and standing, bending, and some lifting
The CRS Group
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at The CRS Group