Location: Oak Brook, IL 60523
Duration: 9+ month contract
Pay Rate: $36.50 /hr
Overview: The CRS Group is currently looking for a Payroll Supervisor for one of our clients in the Oakbrook area. The CRS Group is a nationwide Staffing Firm who works primarily with Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 corporations.
The Payroll Department has a great opportunity for a Supervisor to lead the Support Center Team. This team serves as the intake function for all documented requests and begins the systematic workflow to get the requests to the appropriate team for processing. This team also manages the distribution of AP and Payroll checks on a daily basis. The organization as a whole is focused on delivering exceptional customer service and results in a timely, high quality and accurate manner while ensuring adherence to internal controls. The Payroll Department is part of the Company’s Global Business Services People organization. Global Business Services (GBS) People provides full hire-to-retire services such as onboarding, payroll, and benefits processing for over 60,000 employees located in the US and Canada. GBS is committed to delivering 100% Customer Satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to balance workload of the team is critical as various Service Level Agreements must be met or exceeded.
- Must have strong proficiency for technology and ability to remain focused on priorities in dynamic environments.
- Will be responsible for preparation and communication of key performance metrics, providing real time feedback to team members to drive accountability.
- The ability to analyze large volumes of data, draw conclusions, develop action plans and being extremely adaptable to changing priorities will be essential.
- The ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities is needed ensure maximum productivity and efficiency of the team.
- Responsible for ensuring team processes are documented
- Responsible for resolving escalated issues that require either immediate decisions or input from members of leadership.
- Demonstrate integrity and transparency at all times.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of Company including Labor Legal, IT , and HR teams.
- Bachelor's Degree (Accounting, Finance or HR Degree preferred)
- 3-5 Years of Accounting, Finance or Shared Services related experience
- Experience in leading and development of staff
- Experience with Oracle Financial and/or Lawson HR Payroll Benefits is a plus
- Proven track record of generating a high level of engagement to maximize performance
- Solid experience in establishing and holding accountability for performance
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to achieve and drive results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and cooperatively as a member of the leadership team
- Ability to positively influence and collaborate with others
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities while meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with a strong customer service focus
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point