Sr Supply Chain Buyer/Planner
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Beautifully comprehensive skin care takes a deeper commitment. As a privately held, fully integrated global skincare company, Crown Laboratories is dedicated to developing and providing a diverse portfolio of safe and effective scientific solutions for life-long healthy skin.
Crown, a privately held, fully integrated global skincare company, is committed to developing and providing a diverse portfolio of aesthetic, premium beauty, and therapeutic skincare products that improve the quality of life for its customers. Our three business units demonstrate Crown’s mission of Skin Science for Life, which is the foundation of our commitment to partnering with consumers throughout their skin health journey, giving skin what it needs to be its healthiest and best, at every age.
Crown Therapeutics: maker of PanOxyl®, the #1 acne wash; Blue Lizard® Australian Sunscreen, the #1 Pediatrician recommended mineral-based sunscreen brand; and Sarna®, the #1 Dermatologist recommended topical anti-itch brand and National Seal of Acceptance from the NEA;
NEW Crown Premium Skincare: includes StriVectin, comprised of a broad range of award-winning skincare solutions for all skin types, tones, and ages; and Vita Liberata, a multiple award-winning sunless tanning brand.
Crown Aesthetics: maker of SkinPen®, the first FDA-cleared microneedling device.
We need talented people to help us make a positive impact with products and services that improve the lives we touch.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer Planner. This position is responsible for ongoing procurement and negotiations of materials, components, and supplies that meet the quality standards of the company.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan Master Production Schedule (MPS) and execute production orders ensuring finished goods are available in a timely matter to meet sales demands for assigned product groups.
- Revise Master Production Schedule (MPS) as needed for design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with R&D, engineering, sales, and operations as needed.
- Participate in daily production meeting and daily scheduling meetings.
- Communicate daily with manufacturing production & project team members and managers to determine needs.
- Assist in maintain and identifying economical order quantities (coordinating with the suppliers MOQs) while considering multiple locations and inventory/warehouse space.
- Execute Material Requirements Plan (MRP) through placing and managing all purchase orders to vendors or contract manufacturers.
- Perform maintenance of open purchase orders, monitor all changes in ETAs and support the A/P with any purchase order to invoice discrepancies.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process.
- Work alongside the Strategic Sourcing department to secure new suppliers and resolve supplier issues, delays, or quality issues.
- Manage inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands and department/company goals.
- Maintain constant communication with vendors to ensure all delivery and quality requirements are met.
- Coordinate communication/relationships with our contract manufacturers to ensure purchased goods arrive on time. Work as a liaison between the CMO and Crown for any changes to the product, quality issues or supply chain concerns.
- Monitor inventory turns (Months of Cover) and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze and manage MPS, MRP, and Material master/parameters Data within ERP and IBP/S&OP system(s).
- Maintain internally strong working relationships with Operations, Quality, Sales, and Finance along with externally key suppliers ensuring a cohesive supply chain of materials.
- Complete special projects and assignments as required, including new product development.
- May require some travel for performance reviews/audits. (limited)
Job Related Qualifications/Skills:
Requires any combination of education or experience equivalent to bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain or related discipline, and at least 5-7 years responsible experience as a buyer/planner or similar role.
- Must be hands on, organized, detail-oriented, accurate and have strong multi-tasking skills.
- Advanced knowledge of procurement/planning principles, theories, and processes.
- Previous background in chemicals/packaging, inventory planning and/or contract manufacturing desired.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations and solve problems. Requires strong applied math skills, with the ability to resolve complex issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be deadline-driven.
- Should demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to interact professionally with internal and external customers, with great customer service.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in the Microsoft Excel package.
- Ability to gain knowledge of company products, and comply with company quality, environmental and safety policies and procedures and understand and adhere to FDA & GMP requirements.
NOTE: This job profile is intended to provide an overview of expected job duties and requirements. It is not intended to be a contract of employment, explicit or implicit. All contents are subject to change at the sole discretion of the company. Cooperation is expected of all employees. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
We offer a competitive benefits package including vacation, medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and 401(k) w/match.
an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more at www.CrownLaboratories.com and www.CrownAesthetics.com
AddressJohnson City, TN
BusinessView all jobs at CROWN LABORATORIES