The Account Executive is an integral part helping to build Crossmark’s in-store shopper engagement business.The AE will need to be resourceful, confident operating with many functional disciplines (account, creative, sales, finance, digital and strategy) in their search for client solutions. The individual will have a variety of responsibilities including oversight of specific retail and CPG client initiatives, new business pitch involvement, digital, social and mobile offerings. The AE will be involved in research, manage small groups and special projects, and have client and sales communication. Finally, and most importantly, they will be responsible for delivering programs on time, on target and on budget.
- Write briefs that provide clear direction and inspire our teams.
- Manage expectations throughout the process.
- Organize and develop client materials for presentation.
- Bring passion and excitement to both internal and external (offsite) team members.
- Develop positive relationships with clients (retailers and CPG’s).
- Use program analysis; draw conclusions building insights to present to client.
- Be an active and engaged participant on the team.
- Effectively and professionally communicate verbal and written materials.
- Showcase proofreading skills.
- Demonstrate passion for highest quality of work.
- Other duties as assigned that support the overall agency, department and program goals which may include vendor, partner or field staff management.
- Attitude and approach which embodies our agency vision, mission and values
- Experience with client/agency relationships
- Experience in an entrepreneurial high-energy setting.
- Experience in project management.
- Comfortable setting deadlines and sticking to them.
- Comfortable working with sales, creative, digital and finance teams.
- Comfortable and experienced at managing multiple tasks.
- Limited to some experience with presentation skills – comfortable in a presentation setting.
- Able to articulate business problems and challenges and work towards a solution.
- Experience to analyze results before, during and after a program.
- Independent thinker with exceptional teamwork skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: 1-2 years shopper agency.
Specific Skills: Microsoft Office (Proficient to excellent)
Specialized Knowledge, License, etc: None required
Working Conditions: Typically an office setting. Travel may include attending meetings at client offices, industry conferences or events. When attending events, setting may be indoors or outdoors.
Travel Requirements: None
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
CROSSMARK is committed to providing accessible employment practices and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know.