This position is responsible for preparing juice and other specialty products for purchase. Responsibilities include all activities of preparing the product, operating the machine(s) and preparing the product for purchase. Responsibilities include inspecting and preparing oranges or other specialty products, operating/maintaining/cleaning the machines, and proper packaging and labeling of the product. This position will also perform other product demonstrations as needed to support the business.
- Properly set up and prepare the area for specialized food products.
- Fully read materials that accompany product demonstrations to understand program scope, instructions, production requirements and program compliance.
- Follow all safety requirements when using equipment (e.g. hot machinery or sharp blades). Practice proper lifting techniques when working with boxes or heavy merchandise.
- Adhere to all required tasks and procedures related to safe food handling, preparation, production, packaging, labeling, merchandising and disposal.
- Accurately complete all reporting requirements (including on-line requirements) as required.
- Regularly check the product event schedule and email for upcoming activities, corporate news updates, event changes and instructions, and supervisor requests.
- Complete certifications and attend special training sessions as required.
- Follow safety and compliance guidelines for appropriate machine operation, cleaning and maintenance.
- Maintain a clean, sterile and safe work area using proper cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Assist other teammates with event set-up or clean-up and/or with kitchen duties when needed.
- Conduct food sampling and demonstrations in support of the needs of business. Follow general set-up and teardown guidelines.
This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience: Previous experience in Product Marketing, Product Demonstrations or in the food, beverage or restaurant industry preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to safely and effectively prepare juice or other specialty products for purchase. Ability to conduct demonstration and sampling events of other products as needed.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Applicable state and local food safety certification or license.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to be able to:
- Ability to continuously lift a minimum of 50 lbs. several times per day.
- Ability to push a wheeled machine (with weight ranges 50-600 lbs.) to/from the sales floor.
- Preparation of foods using produce, machinery and sharp utensils.
- Standing for extended periods of time each day.
- Work varied hours throughout the day as required.
- Climbing with use of a 6’ Step Stool (when necessary).
- Visual ability to read instructions to ensure safety and food safety compliance.
- Ability to work in environments with exposure to cold, refrigerated conditions and hot equipment.
- Sit, stand, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and/or other peripherals.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Communicate information and ideas orally and in writing so others will understand.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person and interact with customers.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work environment: Retail store environment with regular interaction with co-workers, management team members and customers. Moderate to high noise levels associated with a retail warehouse environment. Exposure to cold, refrigerated conditions, food products and cleaning chemicals.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.