Director Of Engineering for Fast Growing Genetics Company (remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $175,000 to $200,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k,
Director of Engineering
Work directly with Founder CEO
Remote position with preferred occasional 1d/m or 3d/quarter
in house for collaboration & Team building.
Significant RSU Stock to be vested over 4 years.
PPO Healthcare fully paid by company
Unlimited Vacation time (with approval)
What you are applying for:
CRI Genetics is seeking an experienced technology leader to join our company as the Software Development Manager to lead our development team. This is a newly created position to help drive technological improvements, user experience, and increase our technical standards. We are seeking a seasoned individual that can guide the development team, optimize processes, maintain and improve standards with regards to product delivery, processing, data flow, and customer facing assets. An ideal candidate’s motivation would be to create an incredible experience for our customers as well as optimize internal systems that support those customers, all while supporting both the company and your team’s growth and goals.
CRI Genetics is a well-established, and rapidly growing genetics company. Our founders built the company from the ground up and are continually improving customer experience, applying the latest cutting-edge research to our products, and developing new genetics-based products.
At our El Segundo office, we pride ourselves on achieving results while maintaining a laid-back company culture.
Our mission is to unlock complex information in human DNA and present it to consumers in a way that is easy to understand. The goal is to allow individuals to learn more about themselves through genetic testing. Our company's mission also includes utilizing genetic analysis in solving complex medical subjects, to discover new information with the goal of improving human life and furthering our understanding of genetics.
- Set technological standards for the organization
- On-time development and implementation of new product features & functions
- Develop strong process from scoping to successful bug free product deployment
- Optimization and Modernization of existing systems and processes
- Guide database refactoring architecture
- Guide ERP integration with existing systems and deployment
- Ensure system infrastructure meets the needs of the business
- Ensure all team members are highly productive and meet KPI’s
- Ensure critical networks remain secure
- Overview IT spending & Optimize systems to maximize profitability
- Independently trusted to make leadership decisions to get results
- Run the development department as a software company
- Manage the overall dev team, product creation & deployment
- Participate in executive meetings and guide company technological direction
- Architectural Guidance for Devops, Backend and Frontend engineering
- SDLC building, including process for Jira, and code repositories
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Last 5+ years in management of software development team
- 10+ years experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- 5+ years of experience using PHP, SQL, and APIs
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience within startups that scale
- Experience within larger organizations
- Managing complex systems and planning complex system builds
- Implementing cross system data and breach security, internal & external
- Implementing cross training and team member skill redundancy
- Experience with cloud technologies AWS, Microsoft 0365, and/or Atlassian Suite
- Ability to build out scope and allocate requirements to developers
- experience with CI/CD tools
- Organization and planning
- Proven track-record of showing process improvements
- Leadership & coaching ability
- Opportunities for professional growth as we grow
- Small team sizes. Able to move quickly and make significant impact
- Bonus structure that rewards initiative and innovative spirit
- Fully Paid Health insurance, PPO Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance within 90 days.
- Paid time off and paid company holidays, including Sick and Personal Days
- Casual dress code and atmosphere; dog friendly
- Team lunch every Friday
- Company paid education and training opportunities
- Quarterly company social outings
- The freedom you will not get anywhere else, we do not micromanage
In order achieve our mission, we are seeking talented, self-driven individuals who are ready to commit to our mission and help us make a difference in the world. At CRI Genetics, we don’t micromanage so you have the freedom to innovate and experiment to drive results. We invest in growth and education with company paid books and classes, offer an excellent benefits package, and provide company stock(RSUs) so you benefit directly from driving company growth.
Learn more about the company here: www.crigenetics.com/careers
CRI GeneticsWhy Work Here?
Fun Environment, Opportunity For Professional&Financial Growth, Make A Positive Impact With Your Work Immediately, Revolutionize Healthcare
Our mission at CRI Genetics is to unlock the treasure trove of secrets hidden in your genetic code. Find your hidden abilities, achieve your goals, and understand how to achieve results in your life. When you understand your genetics, you open a wealth of additional opportunities. In order achieve our mission, we are seeking talented, self-driven individuals who are ready to commit to our mission and help us make a difference in the world. At CRI Genetics, we don’t micromanage so you have the freedom to innovate and experiment to drive results. We invest in growth and education with company paid books and classes, offer an excellent benefits package, and provide company stock(RSUs) so you benefit directly from driving company growth. Learn more about the company here: www.crigenetics.com/careers
AddressEl Segundo, CA