We are in search of our next Rockstar to join the team. If you strive for excellence through organization and attention to detail, coupled with an ability to solve problems and apply mathematical operations to such tasks as account reconciliation, payroll, and other bookkeeping procedures, then we want you!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Sales and Use Tax filing
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Verify and process bills to be paid to ensure that all payments are made in a timely manner
- Prep and audit incoming paperwork for billing and accounts
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Ensure accurate input and payment of invoices and employee expense reimbursements on a timely basis
- Analyze financial discrepancies and resolve
- Perform all necessary account, bank and credit card reconciliations
- Liaison with outside accounting firms
- Five years experience in bookkeeping/accounting preferred
- Quickbooks experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Experience navigating audits, a plus.
- Strong ability to solve problems and be resourceful
- Able to handle any/all confidential information, issues and matters in a sensitive manner
- Able to handle fast-paced start-up environment
About The Company:
We are a fast growing, well established DNA Genetics company. The owners built the company from the ground up and are completely self-funded, no outside investors. We have excellent cash flow. Our office is located directly on Venice beach and we have a results oriented while laid back atmosphere. Our mission is to unlock complex information in our DNA and present it to consumers in an easy to understand way, thereby allowing individuals to learn more about themselves through genetic testing. Secondly, the company's mission is to utilize genetic analysis in solving complex medical subjects and discover novel information with the goal of improving human life and furthering our understanding of genetics.
What We Offer:
• Casual friendly environment with easy to get along with team members that inspires creativity and achieving results.
• We are dog-friendly, bring your dog to work, as long as they behave
• Casual attire
• Full PPO Health insurance (within 90 days of joining)
• Weekly Yoga
• A bonus system tied to reaching team goals as well as individual goals
• Work directly on the beach, facing the ocean
• Weekly paid lunches
• Company half day social trips every two months (Company parties /BBQs/ Boating Trips, Paintball games, etc)
• Paid Time Off
• Opportunities for growth
We really invest in our employees inside and outside of the office. We want to see you grow both professionally and personally, and we expect the same from you. We have a strong team of A players looking for another member to join. Only superstars apply.
Learn more about the company here: