CRI is seeking a COTS/Application Support Engineer/Integration Specialist to provide technical support for a variety of COTS applications on both Windows and Linux environments with Oracle/SQL Server backends.
Primary duties will be to:
- The Advanced Test Reactor (ATR) at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional to join the ATR Operations Facility Support team.
- In this role, you will perform as an application administrator for Enterprise Shift Operations Management System (eSOMs) and a variety of Custom-Off-The-Shelf (COTs) applications in a Windows environment.
- May be involved with or perform application upgrades.
- Perform patching as needed and provide customer assistance when issues arise.
- Provide technician support to diagnose and resolve equipment problems for computers and peripherals at the desktop level. Connects, installs, tests, upgrades, and maintains, including preventive maintenance on enterprise peripherals, hardware, software, network hardware, and software components.
- Repair and maintain equipment while minimizing customer down time.
- This position provides technical expertise and operational support for the INL Information Management (IM) directorate with an emphasis on supporting the ATR workplace.
- Perform standard technical support for IM Client Security functions, receiving guidance and direction from senior personnel. Functions performed include: Contribute to the management of processes, standards and tools associated with client security. Knowledge and basic understanding of and compliance with DOEs Program Cyber Security Plan and applicable National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) processes is needed.
- Perform other duties related to the configuration and ongoing administration of eSOMS and various COTs, including:
- Creating and deploying Virtual Machines
- Monitoring computer and network equipment operation
- Setting up and maintaining software and hardware backups
- Hardware and software patch remediation
- Upgrade installations to existing applications
- Management of processes, standards and tools associated with client security.
- Configuration management per INL procedures.
The INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With 3,800 scientists, researchers and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and develop technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security and environmental missions.
- Minimum Qualification Requirements (Education and/or Experience): 5 years relevant experience, or Vocational Certificate & 3 years experience, or relevant Baccalaureate. Experience supporting Windows OS and applications. Experience supporting enterprise client systems. Knowledge of network protocols and inter-networking issues. Understanding of software development methodologies. Ability to travel off site for training, collaboration with other DOE laboratories and cyber security incident response. Ability to work proficiently with minimal daily guidance. Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts verbally and in writing. Ability to get an L clearance at a later date. Desired skills: Experience deploying Virtual Machines. Knowledge in network and application vulnerability scanning and remediation. Knowledge of cyber security, including handling security incidents, risk assessment, and vulnerability analysis. Knowledge of the various computer security/incident handling organizations supporting U.S. Government departments.
Great things happen when you have the CRI Advantage!
CRI has a family oriented company culture and is family owned.Our management team believes employee growth is as equally important as company growth. CRI offers many types of learning opportunities, such as free training for industry certifications through online educational portals, or through self-directed funding for individuals.
We work on unique projects including supporting missions involving national security, energy research, law enforcement, transportation, and health and welfare. We are headquartered in the Pacific Northwest (Boise, ID) with offices in Idaho Falls and DC.
Our corporate mission from the very beginning has been to make a positive difference in peoples lives * Provide freedom of choice in benefits packages
CRI employees have access to a variety of different plans under United Healthcare Medical and Dental* including low to high deductible options. There is no waiting period for the UHC plans.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- No waiting period; accrued per pay period
- 136 hours of PTO per year for 0 to 5 years of service
- 176 hours of PTO per year after 5 years
- 216 hours of PTO per year after 10 years
- 7 paid holidays per year
- Free 24x7 access to online training through Skillport learning portal.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Commuter Benefits
- Corporate Discount Rewards Portal