Miami, FL, US, 33169
Job ID: 161188
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
General Position Summary
Responsible for the safety performance, corporate and government compliance of the plant thru various safety, health, and training activities including, but not limited to the following;
- Oversee, evaluate, and continuously improve the plant's safety program to achieve and maintain our zero-harm goal.
- Research and implement new safety activities to keep the safety program fresh.
- Walk the production floor multiple times daily over multiple shifts weekly to observe work practices and assist supervisors, leads, and operators in maintaining a safe work environment in all departments over all shifts.
- Randomly observe department audits and GEMBA walks to ensure they are conducted properly.
- Distribute weekly toolbox talks and monthly safety training materials to supervisors and ensure training is completed timely.
- Lead the Plant Employee Safety Team.
- Oversee and conduct new employee safety orientations, certifications, industrial hygiene testing, classroom training, and practical hands-on floor training.
- Review, evaluate, and update plant incident reports to assure the proper root cause is identified and corrective actions are implemented on a timely basis. Enter incidents is safety database.
- Timely maintenance of all government, corporate, and plant training, testing, records, documents, and logs to ensure the plant remains in compliance.
- Timely OSHA reporting.
- Oversee and conduct outside contractor training and emergency action plan training.
- Monitor worker's compensation claims and oversee the plant's regulated/hazardous materials management program.
- Regularly provide updates to senior management regarding the plant safety program and communicate any safety issues or concerns.
- Regular and Predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety and Health field preferred, or relevant work and training experience equivalent to a degree.
- CSP is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in hazard recognition, risk reduction, problem-solving, creative thinking, training & coaching.
- PC skills, including Microsoft tools, to maintain records, analyze data, and generate reports and presentations.
- In-depth understanding of all current governmental regulations (i.e. OSHA), worker's compensation, emergency response planning & procedures, first aid, CPR, ergonomics, and industrial hygiene.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Nearest Major Market: Miami
Job Segment: Safety, Manager, Database, Industrial Hygiene, Service, Management, Technology, Engineering