Job ID: 155024
W-L Construction and Paving, a CRH company, is one ofVirginia’s largest grading & paving contractors. W-L performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and utilities with paving operations exceeding one million tons per year. With multiple locations throughout the state of Virginia, W-L prides itself on its ability to provide a multitude of services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Quality Control Technician
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Employee responsible for sampling asphalt product to ensure the product meets required specifications.
- Partners and coordinates daily/weekly scheduling with management, plant personnel and crewmembers, as well as, Department of Transportation inspectors to obtain necessary samples and mix designs.
- Clear understanding of asphalt procedures/production.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must partner with other members of staff reporting to Quality Control Manager to ensure quality control specifications are met, as well as daily production schedules/estimates.
- Knowledge to ensure ethical behavior and safety standards as required by the company and OSHA guidelines.
- Properly trained in straightedge and clear understanding of results.
- Ability to read print-outs in reader box.
- Understanding of roadway and nuclear documents to be submitted.
- Ability to prepare and submit proper documentation to the appropriate Quality Control personnel.
- Must understand how to develop rolling patterns when problems arise and assist in adjusting patterns to achieve required density.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Three year experience in: Asphalt Plant Testing and Design.
- Other state certifications as required.
What Oldcastle offers you
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Health and wellness programs
- Opportunities for growth, development, and promotion
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc., a division of Oldcastle Materials, is one of the hundreds of businesses that comprise the Oldcastle family. As the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving services, Oldcastle is one of North America’s largest corporations. Oldcastle’s decentralized, diversified structure, allows employees to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or constructing roads through national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Through the use of various tools, including our online applicant tracking system, which allows you to view and to track your application status 24 hours a day, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. leverages itself to recruit the most dependable, qualified and experienced job seekers in the market!
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
W-L Construction and Paving is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.