Asheville, NC, US, 28803
Job ID: 156279
Adams Products, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America's leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Job Description Summary
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Sets stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
- Observes machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
- Reviews product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearances assuring product meets quality requirements
- Performs routine machine maintenance
- Assists other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Makes sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- High school diploma or equivalent; or at least one month of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience operating machines, preferably Masa equipment
- Basic understanding of electronics and programmable controllers
- Know the basics of hydraulics, electricity, and tools
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite to include Word, Excel, etc.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Adams Products, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Nearest Major Market: Asheville
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Equipment Operator, Industrial, Machinist, Engineering, Manufacturing