Job ID: 175959
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently looking for an Estimator / Customer Service Representative at our Fremont, CA location. The estimator is responsible for quoting small glass orders and estimating large glass projects. Each day you will be interacting with customers and internal departments providing accurate and timely quote and estimate information. Technical expertise in glass and fabrication is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle pricing inquiries by phone, fax, and email and develop estimates
- Write and enter orders
- Provide pricing for change orders and backorders to ensure accurate invoicing
- Provide detailed estimates to our customers in a timely manner. Work from specifications and take-offs
- Follow up on estimates and provide feedback concerning market pricing levels
- Provide consultation, coordination, and assistance to our customers, sales force, and internal personnel
- Maintain detailed and organized records of bid documents, correspondence, and other project-specific information
- Assist walk-in customers and help with phone coverage
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand glass and metal specifications to provide estimates
- Experience using computer software estimating programs to prepare estimates
- Strong geometry & math skills
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects, phone lines, and prioritize workload working under minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively & conduct themselves professionally; excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of customer needs
- Knowledge and experience with glazing and glass fabrication preferred
- Ability to understand and apply all the variables that drive a price
- This position is a largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when lifting files, boxes, opening file cabinet drawers
- To avoid injuries to hands, back, and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation
- There are occasional visits to the plant floor in which case safety rules related to the plant must be followed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.