Red Bank, NJ, US, 07701
Job ID: 161705
Anchor, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America's leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
The Assistant Transportation Group Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operation of logistics coordinators scheduling both fleet and hired haul shipments for manufacturing plants & distribution yards between multiple divisions in Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine. They will manage the group who is optimizing and planning shipments on available fleet and haulers in the region to provide best in class customer service, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Review of daily site scheduling plans to verify scheduling plans are feasible to meet customer requirements.
- Utilize various dashboards to find continual, seasonal, and niche opportunities
- Lead on Oracle Transportation Management software with IT delivery services group on updates to carrier assignment routing, optimization, rating accuracy, scheduling, and equipment requirements
- Coordinate with team members in various departments across multiple sites in the northeast.
- Coordinate on daily basis with regional fleet managers on any fleet related routing/execution items
- Track and report existing opportunities as well as captured savings
- Source additional carriers and negotiate spot rates as needed
- Source additional freight to haul on company assets as needed
- Perform analyses on transportation network utilization/opportunities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily accomplish each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Minimum two year degree in business or related field or equivalent in experience, training or education
- Logistics experience with working knowledge of DOT regulations and scheduling of internal fleet equipment
- Strong language, mathematical, and computer skills
- Strong Analytical skills needed
- Must be proficient in excel
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Anchor, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.