A CRG client in the Winston Salem, NC area is looking for a Technician III to join their growing team. This is a contract to hire position.
This position will repair a variety of electronic products from supported manufacturers, troubleshoot atypical problems, provide phone support to customers, go on service calls, and research the best approach for the customer and the company. Responsible for being a team leader and providing supervision, assistance, and job assignments for technicians in your section. Contribute to company growth by determining and implementing the best and most cost-effective repair solutions and ensuring that technicians in your section do the same.
- Inspect and test customer and stock merchandise, including determining component failures within whole units or assemblies (non-system board level).
- Repair electronic and mechanical equipment by cleaning, fixing, or replacing faulty components.
- Troubleshoot and repair system boards to the component level (soldering, de-soldering, use of electronic test equipment, component reprogramming and replacement).
- Ability to troubleshoot without schematics.
- Determine end-of-life of units when the cost of repair is no longer financially sound.
- Communicate with customers to answer technical help calls.
- Communicate with Engineer to see if any jobs are marked as priority.
- Check with technical knowledge database or Engineer for possible solutions as needed to complete repairs.
- Train, assist, assign jobs to, and supervise other technicians in your section.
- Burn in equipment after repair to ensure problems are solved.
- Complete training on company Quality Policy & Manual, Processes, and procedures; take all necessary steps to maintain compliance with Quality Management System.
- Comply with company ESD standards.
- Some reverse engineering capability.
- Investigate, identify, and solve repair issues that are not often encountered.
- Service calls to provide onsite customer technical support.
- Education: AS in Electronics Engineering Technology or comparable military electronics training; A+ Hardware and Software Certification
- Experience: 2 years in technology or electronic equipment repair preferred.
- Technical knowledge and experience repairing computer equipment from a wide range of manufacturers, including error codes, parts information, and mechanical skills.
- Overall electronics knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Visual acuity, especially close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus when using microscope.
- Skilled at using hand tools, power tools, soldering equipment, and measuring tools.
- Advanced skills at through-hole, SMT, and BGA electronic rework.
- OEM technical certifications preferred.
- Team leader with a proven ability to train, supervise, motivate, and assist other technicians.
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with solid communication skills
Contact: Pradeep Kumar @ 336 875 3130
Job ID: 7684
Category Code: JN008
CRGCRG is a Global Provider of Executive Search, Contract Staffing, and IT Managed Services. We have a staff of 80+ and 450+ Consultants operating out of 5 Offices in the U.S. & Latin America. Established in 1994, we have successfully filled over 2,000 Searches and 10,000 Contract Engagements. www.getCRG.com