- Posted: over a month ago
Our Executive Chef works diligently with his/her Sous Chef to develop new menu items and/or daily features. Executive Chefs play an essential role in creating and upholding a positive kitchen culture. Executive chefs employ their culinary and managerial skills to enhance the guest experience. Other important qualities include: 1) Respect for guests and one’s team; 2) Strong communication skills; 3) Business Sense; 4) Passion for coaching, training, and developing one’s team; 5) Enhanced, hands-on leadership skills.
· Assist in the planning and directing of culinary activities throughout services.
· Participate in culinary research and development to create/modify the restaurant’s menu to spotlight local, seasonal ingredients when possible.
· Recruit, manage, and develop team members in the kitchen, establishing a schedule that assesses and plays to the strengths of one’s team.
· Ensure the kitchen operates in an efficient, timely manner that upholds company standards.
· Comply and enforce federal and state-specific health department standards.
· Maintain an approachable, patient, and positive attitude in working with one’s Front of House and Back of House team.
· Perform administrative tasks (e.g. forecasting, food costing, inventory, payroll, scheduling, Labor Costing, etc.)
· Minimum of 3 years of previous Executive Chef experience in an upscale, scratch cooking kitchen.
· Ability to provide excellent professional references from former supervisors.
FoodView all jobs at CRG Dining
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?