The Delivery truck driver is responsible for the safe operation of a flatbed truck with typical weight capacity of 30-45,000.00 pounds (GVW). This role is responsible for all functions related to the vehicle, including the pre-trip report (DVIR), ensuring the truck is loaded properly, strapping down the material to the truck, delivery of materials to customer location, and processing of all customer delivery paperwork.
- Safely operate a heavy, flatbed truck with 9/10 Speed
- Ensure all material is properly strapped to a-frames at the beginning of the shift, and continuously after each and every customer delivery.
- Ensure that all customer supporting paperwork is completed and returned at the end of each shift.
- Make sure that all monies have been collected, as necessary, according to the customer paperwork.
- Report any issues or incidents to dispatch, as they related to material damage or customer matters.
- Perform the daily inspection of the truck, pre and post trip (DVIR).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Ensure slabs are not damaged during transport
- Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor
- Ensures all straps are kept in good condition.
REQUIREMENTS/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years of truck driving experience with a good driving record
- B Commercial driver’s license
- MUST be able to drive a 9/10 speed transmission
- Forklift/Overhead crane experience moving Granite/marble is a plus.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and background test.
- Warehouse experience is a plus
- Communication Skills – Verbal Communication, Listening
- Critical Thinking – Adaptable, Flexible, Problem Solving, Desire to Learn
- Positive Attitude – Cooperation, Courteous, Friendly, Honest, Respectful
- Teamwork – Collaborative, Team Player, Accept Feedback, Customer Service
- Work Ethic – Multi-tasking, Organization, Time management & Efficiency
WORK ENVIROMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, and frequent lifting up to 50 pounds.*
- Requires continuous standing, walking, and occasional climbing or balancing.**
- Requires occasional reaching with hands and arms**
- Requires frequent pushing/pulling, bending and stooping.**
- Requires occasional sitting.*
Requires frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions
Job Type: Full-time