Outside Sales Representative – CR&R
CR&R Incorporated is one of Southern California's most innovative and successful waste and recycling collection companies, serving more than 3 million people and over 25,000 businesses throughout Orange, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Imperial and Riverside counties. In addition, we also have operations in AZ, CO, NV, OR, UT, and WA. Thanks to groundbreaking technologies and pioneering reclamation programs, we are able to recycle over 500,000 tons of materials each year, creating cleaner communities, reducing air and water pollution, conserving landfill space and extending our natural resources. We're striving to make your neighborhood a better place to live!
Position Overview: The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling new, profitable commercial, industrial and recycling services to customers. The Sales Representative meets regularly with prospective new clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follow up with key decision-makers and sell street sweeping and commercial recycling services.
- Identify viable leads, manage prospects and acquire new, profitable street sweeping and commercial recycling business to meet and exceed monthly established targeted revenue goals
- Utilize the Company’s Contact Relationship Management (“CRM”) tool on a daily basis, schedule, and document all activities, and develop robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate the acquisition of new customers
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to prospective new clients; follow up with key customer decision-makers and to close all sales
- Complete consistently scheduled phone blocks and cold call prospecting activities to establish initial and follow-up appointments with customer decision-makers
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in the designated market to anticipate changing customer needs
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and offer additional services to existing and potential street sweeping and recycling clients, as appropriate, to grow targeted profitable revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives
- Complete required Customer Service Agreements, CRM entries, reports, and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy
- Build relationships and increase Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attend trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as necessary. Act as a company representative at community events, where required
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in a customer-facing role that includes identifying and addressing customer needs
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree is desirable
- Three years of direct selling experience
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match
- Employee discount program
C R & R is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.